DS1500 not accepted by PIP but accepted by UC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DS1500 not accepted by PIP but accepted by UC

Asher3
Asher3 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
HIV+ with **** cancer
Filled out forms with help of Maggie's cancer charity benefit adviser.
UC started paying normal rate after 1 week.
PIP sent me a form to fill out about what I could do in my daily life. So DS1500 not accepted by PIP. I informed PIP it had been accepted by UC and 3 days later I got a fitness to work form from them. Both were filled out and sent back.
UC still paying and have not been contacted again except for them asking about PIP and asking for a prognosis. I told them the DS1500 from my GP was a prognosis.

One week ago I got a call from the assessment centre asking some questions about what I could and could not do.
She said she wanted to talk to me so she could write her report after taking to my various doctors.
After 10 minutes she said OK I can write the report now without a F2F.

Can anyone tell me how long I have to wait from her report to the letter at my house with the results of award or not in my mail box please.

Many thanks

Simon

Comments

• Asher3
    Not sure why I cannot say a&nal cancer as it is a diagnosis.

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, the time span for a paper non F2F decisions can be several weeks to months depending on further details, medical records and reports that may be needed to give the correct benefit award.
  • Asher3
    edited November 2018
    Wilko
    Thank you for the welcome and reply.
    The report I was told had been sent to DWP  from attos or who ever dose these F2F
    Will DWP want more?
    It has a DS1500 with it, I could be dead in theory by the time the letter comes.
    I did have an interview on the phone with assessor, dose that help and she said she could write report now.
  • Asher3
    I will stop watching the letter box then and get on with it.
    Thanks for advice.
    Simon
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Hi @Asher3

The DS1500 should definitely cover your Daily Living component of PIP, which should automatically be awarded at the enhanced rate without any questions being asked. If the DWP do other than quickly award the enhanced rate Daily Living, I would challenge it straight away and I would probabl also ask your MP for assistance as this might well hurry things along. 

The DWP may need to ask you about your mobility for the  Mobility component award. So I am a bit puzzled as to why you were asked about your daily life rather than just about your mobility.

I wouldn't just leave this, I would challenge them. Maybe the Maggie's benefits adviser might be able to help with this.

Gill_Scope 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.