Can I get child tax credits? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I get child tax credits?

Lisa1985
Lisa1985 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
Hi I wanted to know I how much child tax credits is you se my grandson as come to stay with me just wanted to know if I can get child tax credits 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lisa1985
    When you say he is coming to stay with you, do you mean he is moving in?

You may be able to claim Child Tax Credit if you’re responsible for children either:

You do not need to be working to claim Child Tax Credit. Only one household can get Child Tax Credit for a child so if his parents are claiming for him, then you wouldnt be able to.

It may be worth trying the benefits calculator here, but it would be useful to know what anyone else is claiming for him too. You could also look into Child Benefit if he is moving in with you permanently.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Lisa1985
    Yes he’s come live with me his mother my daughter was murderd by his dad and that’s why he’s here with me just don’t know what to claim for at the moment 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Goodness, I'm truly sorry to hear this @Lisa1985. What an absolutely awful situation for you to have been through. Are you getting any support yourself at the moment? 

Do have a look at the links provided above, as they should help give you some insight into what you could claim. If you would like further support or assistance with this, it might be worth giving our helpline team a call on 0808 800 3333 (free). Do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can.
  • Lisa1985
    Thank you Pippa I miss her so much she was only 30 it proper made me I’ll 
  • Lisa1985
    He stabbed her 17 times and left the nife in her back the two young boys saw every thing I myself have been in a mental hospital a couple of times I keep looking for her it’s horrible 
  • Lisa1985

Brightness