Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

philipcarson
philipcarson Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have a benign brain tumour, epilepsy and high blood pressure and have my pip assesment tomorrow morning any tips would be a great help

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Just tell them how your illnesses affects you each day. 
    Goodluck
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    In the next 24 hours study the PIP descriptors and how your condition affects your ability to carry them out and don't focus on your medical conditions alone as they will not get you an award.
    Good Luck
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Remember the answers you wrote in your application form as these will be needed to be justified at your acessment, do not be bullied into doing any movements that cause you pain or discomfort, caution, the accessors know the distances from nearest bus stops, car parks train stations if in walking distance. So when asked how you arrived say by car or bus the acessor will know how far you have walked. Even in the center it’s they have CCTV watching in and outside the centres and the distance from waiting room to acessment room. Good luck and request your acessment report a week after your acessment, this will give you a guide as how your award may be. 
  • philipcarson
    If I feel I'm not fit to do something like standing on one foot do I have to do it
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You do not have to perform any physical test if it causes you pain or distress but you will have to explain why you cannot do it

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    You do not have to perform any physical test if it causes you pain or distress but you will have to explain why you cannot do it

CR
    Presumably then the assessor has to decide whether the reason given is satisfactory and not an excuse.
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Eadiesmummy1 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    @philipcarson you dont have to if you dont feel fit. The assessment medical isnt designed to cause pain, its merely about how your condition affects your ability to carry out simple physical movements. I was asked to lift both arms above my head when i attended mine, i only did the left because i explained that just lifting my right up to my face set off an attack and my assessor was fine with it. My universal credit work capability assessment the assessor asked me to do something similar and he quickly added in "but i dont expect you to use your right". hope that helps x 
  • philipcarson
    That's the assessment all over now I don't think it went to bad but time will tell thank you to anybody who replied to my question 
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Eadiesmummy1 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    best of luck! let us all know the outcome x 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.