PIP text message — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP text message

Eadiesmummy1
Eadiesmummy1 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
"We have recieved the written report of your pip assessment. we will write to you once we have made a decision on your pip. As a guide you will hear from us within 6 weeks. You dont need to contact us unless any of the details you have given us have changed" 

How long after recieving this text did you recieve your decision letter? I just wonder if i should expect it to be longer. my assessment was last saturday, i had waited 4 months jusr for the assessment part so am shocked to have recieved this text so early. Thank you for any answers x 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    The text was informing you that they most likely have all the information neede to make a decision on your application for PIP and will let you know the outcome in aprox 6 weeks. You can request a copy of your acessment report this will give you an indication of how your acessment went and what your possible outcome maybe by looking at the score points awarded. But you still have to wait for the official award letter notification.good luck and keep posting.
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Hi @Eadiesmummy1 welcome , i had a letter back after just two weeks after seeing them , told me every thing in the letter  , think it could be what part you live  in x
  • Eadiesmummy1
    @wilko thank you that was very informative. I was thinking about ringing and requesting the report but would probably be disheartened if i recieved less than what i thought or no reward at all so i think im going to wait it out. @topshoes that sounds very quick! im in south yorkshire x 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Requesting a copy of the report as early as possible gives you more time if you need to prepare for an unfavourable outcome
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • topshoes
    edited November 2018
    @Eadiesmummy1 yes i was not going to worry about the assessment or the out come  , so when i see the letter i thought what do they want now, and it was from pip lol , i was shocked too , i  think it could be  as i was in the room for a hour and 45 mins they got the letter to me quickly lol  ,  got it for 2 years , but i not going to dwell over it as i see it im not a greedy person and it better then nothing at all  , but i hope you do well 
  • Eadiesmummy1
    @CockneyRebel I know, I'm naturally paranoid anyway so have already been looking at mandatory reconsideration options haha! @topshoes i was in for an hour and a half, and i thought that was bad. Fingers crossed xx 
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Mine took around 5 weeks
  • lizzieloz30
    lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    @topshoes you had your F2F the day after me didn't you, mine was the 25th October. Still waiting for a decision from DWP. But scored 11 points on daily living on the assessors report. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    The text was just informing you they've received the report back. The next text you'll receive is one that says they have all the information they need. Waiting times can be anything up to 6 weeks from now. I agree with asking for the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • topshoes
    edited November 2018
    @lizzieloz30 Hi yes you are right 26 oct  im still reading the letter ,  got pip untill  2020 , but they are going to get in touch with me next oct to see if any thing has changed and to look what the amount i get now . 7 page letter i got , i shall take it for my dr to read , i could never lie to my dr as she knows every bit about my life 
  • lizzieloz30
    lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    I'm very happy for you @topshoes. I will let you know if I'm successful
  • Eadiesmummy1
    thanks for all replies. good luck to those still waiting xxx 
  • topshoes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.