Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Scooot09XXX
Scooot09XXX Community member Posts: 50 Connected
Can i re apply for pip while im waiting for my appeal 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Yes you can if you have no award in payment but that will limit your appeal result to the date of the new decision.
    So if your appeal grants you enhanced rate and your new decision only standard then you will only get enhanced for the period upto the new decision date. Any new decision does come with the right to appeal

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • DavidJohn1984
    DavidJohn1984 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    @CockneyRebel how does this work, you apply again. But what happens with your original claim and from what date would you use? Thanks David
  • CockneyRebel
    Claim 1 is valid from the date of your claim until the date of any new decision
    Example
    claim 1st january, no points awarded
    MR completed 1st april no points awarded
    Put in for appeal 1st may
    appeal hearing 1st december

New claim submitted 1st june
    New claim 1st august awarded 8 points DL and 8 points mobility so new decision reached

Tribunal hearing on origional claim 1st dec awards 12 points DL and 12 points mobility
    Tribunal decision will only be paid from 1st jan until 1st august when new decision made on 2nd claim. Award then paid at new decision rate ie. standard for both

• Scooot09XXX
    Thank you does your first assesment come into it i realy through they had my paperwork mixed with someone elses there were that mamy lies 
  • DavidJohn1984
    Thank thank you @CockneyRebel so you think it’s worth putting in another claim because atm in my area the waiting list for appeals tribunerals are at 30+ weeks.

@Scooot09XXX I also thought the same when I received my first report.
  • CockneyRebel
    Yes, your first assessment/ decision will stay in force until a new decision is made.
    A new decision can be made at MR or by the tribunal or by a new claim.
    A new claim can only be made if you have no award in payment
    If your condition worstens to the extent that you fulfill the criteria for a higher award then you can put in for a change of circumstance. This is likely to trigger a new assessment and therefore a new decision
  • Scooot09XXX
    I have been so ill with all this in the last few weeks. I nearly took my own life only for my doctors all 3 in my surgery realy talking to me my antidepressants have been changed and my pain killers been upped i couldnt eat or drink without vomiting.  I went from dla to 0 points 
  • CockneyRebel
    Unless your condition has changed significantly or your first submission was so poor then a new claim is unlikely to produce a different result
  • DavidJohn1984
    @CockneyRebel My first claim was extreme, the only difference now is I have full diagnosis’s, plus extra side effects/conditions from the first lot of conditions.
  • CockneyRebel
    PIP is not about a diagnosis but the effect your condition has on the things you can do.
    If you decide to put in a new claim then you need to fully explain how you meet the criteria for each descriptor.
    As above it can have the effect of limiting your first claim as it will bring about a new decision. You will also have to make sure that you don't get mixed up between the two claims, however you can withdraw your new claim at any time prior to having a new assessment if your tribunal comes good.
    The decision is yours

CR
  • DavidJohn1984
    Thanks @CockneyRebel I shall speak to the charity that helped me with the appeal and see what they think. Because it’s waiting another 30 weeks for my appeal, it’s a long way off. 
  • Scooot09XXX
    They never put anything about my back problems and fibomealga only consentrated on my mental health also never put anything about my meddication or my curved spine said i was only on mind meddication which im not 
  • Scooot09XXX
  • CockneyRebel
    They never put anything about my back problems and fibomealga only consentrated on my mental health also never put anything about my meddication or my curved spine said i was only on mind meddication which im not 
    PIP is not about what conditions you have but about how they affect your daily life and mobility
  • Scooot09XXX
    It affects me every day i have several pain in my back and also have ptsds from previouse domestic vilance i should be out enjoying the rest of my life but carnt i was on dla and only just moved to pip my assesment was totaly diferent to what id said im so confused and my anxity has realy put me back in the darkest place ever i just dont understand. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Starting a new claim is not the answer. Using the same evidence you previously used will most likely see the same outcome as you've recently had. Before starting a new claim you need to get expert advice and a GP is not the person to speak to about a PIP claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness