New but not sure where I can fit into the group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New but not sure where I can fit into the group

Options
Leanora1954
Leanora1954 Community member Posts: 6 Connected
edited November 2018 in Coffee lounge
I suffer with chronic and have done for yea, but in June I was told I had breast cancer.  First chemotherapy nearly killed me, I had sepsis pneumonia and kidney infection.  District nurse called to give me an injection. She stopped the signs called Gp out, he was there so quickly then 999 ambulance to hospitals. Three weeks later I was back home with no lasting effects. Next I had a mastectomy  waited 5 weeks for results, normally you get in two weeks. But worth waiting for,  it took so 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Leanora1954
    Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis and the struggles you have had with treatment,

We are a friendly group, so jump in and get involved, you are very welcome here :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to scope
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Eadiesmummy1 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I hope you are feeling okay, wishing you a speedy recovery. I lingered at first. I found every little helps and i just apply my knowledge wherever i can. Just applied for pip, i have several neurological problems, one is Trigeminal Neuralgia which has chronic pain, so understand how you feel with the pain side of things. Hope you meet some lovely people on here i have x 

Brightness