Am I entitled to free prescriptions? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I entitled to free prescriptions?

tanyaworthington123
tanyaworthington123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm  currently on anti depressants and have also got to take tamoxifen for ten years after having breast cancer in 2015.  Am I entitled to free prescriptions

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tanyaworthington123

Good Evening it’s great to meet you today.

Can I please ask if you are on any “Benefits”

I will then look ? into it further for you!!!!!
  • tanyaworthington123
    tanyaworthington123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I don't claim any benefits only family allowance for one child  I'm married and my husband works Thanks 

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tanyaworthington123, and welcome!

This information if from the NHS help with health costs page
    You can get free NHS prescriptions if, at the time the prescription is dispensed, you:
    • are 60 or over
    • are under 16
    • are 16 to 18 and in full-time education
    • are pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months and have a valid maternity exemption certificate (MatEx)
    • have a specified medical condition and have a valid medical exemption certificate (MedEx)
    • have a continuing physical disability that prevents you going out without help from another person and have a valid MedEx
    • hold a valid war pension exemption certificate and the prescription is for your accepted disability
    • are an NHS inpatient
    You're also entitled to free prescriptions if you or your partner – including civil partner – receive, or you're under the age of 20 and the dependant of someone receiving:
    • Income Support
    • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
    • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
    Otherwise, you could apply for the NHS low income scheme. Hope this helps!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.