PIP-still waiting for assessment! it has been 12 weeks! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP-still waiting for assessment! it has been 12 weeks!

MapleLeaf97
MapleLeaf97 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello everybody! 
(I did just put this on the welcomes forum and realised I got it wrong ... sorry!)

I was hoping to find someone with answers or who is going through the same thing. This will have been my third time applying for pip and the wait has NEVER been this long. I sent off the 'how your disability affects you' form around the 15th August and they told me that around that time was when they received it. 
But, I still haven't had a letter to attend a f2f appointment, and they told me on the phone that I will definitely have to go to one. It has been three months! and I am still not being seen ... how much longer do you all think it will take? and will it be a long wait for the actual appointment? at this rate I cant see myself getting anything from this until after Christmas!

Send Help! I cant even sleep because I am worrying so much.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no timescales. Some wait a few weeks and other wait months. It really depends on the backlog in your area.

You say this is the 3rd time you've applied for PIP? are you saying you've been refused 3 times?  Did you previously ask for the MR and then Tribunal? If not then may i ask why you didn't challenge the decision?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Eadiesmummy1
    Eadiesmummy1 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Hi hun, the same happened to me. I was waiting 10 weeks though, i rang them and they told me where my assessment was- because i never recieved the letter. its always worth ringing to check. Laura x 
  • lizzieloz30
    lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Hi I had to ring up and get an appointment. The DWP put me through to the assessment centre so they could book one. I posted mine the same time as you and was told it would have been months before I wouldn't get an appointment had I not rang. Think I took the slot where someone cancelled. 
  • oneleggedpirate
    oneleggedpirate Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    been waiting 11 months for mine rang them last week and was told it will be in the next 7 weeks
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @MapleLeaf97, and sorry to hear that you're still waiting. Time-scales can vary massively and many people face long waiting times, but I really hope things move forwards for you soon.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.