I feel so run down trying to keep others happy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel so run down trying to keep others happy

Deniseford55a
Deniseford55a Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I feel run down with  iam trying to keep down a part time job make sure my son is ok and happy he's got ashburger syndrome   he's is 32 years old he's a bit of a nightmare he brakes things he's swears me he has tantrums. . It's just hard work 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing this with us, @Deniseford55a. I'm so sorry to hear that things are tough, it certainly sounds as though you have a lot to deal with. At the very least, I hope it helps to know that you're among others who understand and are here to support you. 

I wonder if there's any guidance our Autism and Asperger's advisor @Jack_W can offer?
  • Laura99
    Laura99 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    It sounds like you have a lot to endure on a daily basis. I think you're amazing even managing to keep up a job and look after your son.

Is there anyone who would be able to help with him? Even for a few hours?

And you said that you felt run down - I'm not surprised. Maybe your doctor could help with that (you might need anti-depressants).

• Jack_W
    Jack_W Scope Member Posts: 19 Courageous
    Hi @Deniseford55a

It must be very difficult at times. Does your son have any interests or involvement with local groups, voluntary work or services that might help with behaviour that he is showing towards you?

You might want to look at organisations such as Dimensions or your local autism society, depending upon where you live, which might be able to point you in the right direction.

Take care,
    Jack
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    There must be support and respite for carers. 

Even if it means stopping m.p.s having subsidised alcohol while supposedly at work. Even if the house of Lords needs reducing to the small number who actually produce value for the taxpayer's money, and even if it means redirecting the money for trident and hs2, into decent lives for disabled people and carers.

Just because he has problems, cannot mean a woman is at risk of violence in her own home.  Making allowances has a limit.    The son, not the mother, might try medication.
  • dolly03
    dolly03 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Hi Deniseford55a

I am sorry to read that you are feeling run down.

I can sympathise with you as I also have a child who has ASD. As much as you love them and would go to the end of the world to make them happy it can be draining.

Is there any organisation or family who could help? Sounds like you could really do with some you time.

I just wanted to let you know that your not alone and your amazing ? 

Brightness