My husband doesn't understand my SPMS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My husband doesn't understand my SPMS

Options
Georgesmum
Georgesmum Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have SPMS and a husband who doesn’t understand or even want to know. I do have a wonderful son who is my rock.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Georgesmum

Welcome & Good Evening!!!!!

It’s great to meet you today.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re husband  won’t acknowledge your current situation.

Please have a good look ? around our site/community.

We have got lots of “info and advice” readily available for you to view as & when.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Georgesmum
    Welcome to the community, can you tell us what SPMS is?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Georgesmum
    Georgesmum Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi SPMS is secondary progressive multiple sclerosis.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great to meet you, @Georgesmum!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble communicating with your husband. I wonder if @PSHEexpert knows of any guidance or resources that could be helpful here? 

Great to hear that you have the support of your son. Do get involved with the community and if we can be of assistance, do let us know!
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and I understand what you must be going through, as. MS patient myself in the early stages RR type not confirmed, I wonder if your husband is in denial with your MS. Not wanting to know or understand the causes and prognosis. He’s fearful of the future, the might be’s the what if’s. How will I cope, manage. It’s something he needs to talk about share his feelings with you your son the MS nurse a close friend your local church minister if you are in touch with one. Thinking of you prayers away for you both.

Brightness