Another PIP assessment after winning at appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Another PIP assessment after winning at appeal

Guinavere1
Guinavere1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Hi everyone, my brother has just received a letter for his PIP assessment 22nd November. We have already won one appeal with the help of The Irish centre in Luton. I can't believe we are here again, I'm thinking of getting a solicitor if the cost is low enough. The Irish centre are inundated with claims to support. My brother is 58 and diagnosed with asperges , he has struggled all his life, I support him as much as I can financially and so forth.

The last appeal took nearly 12 months about a year ago, he was told at the tribunal this was fixed for 5 years, but there was a possibility they would want another assessment. His money was backdated and to are relief we were able to breath again. Devastated to say the least , is there a finite number of appeals, feel like the nightmare is beginning again. He lives in council accommodation if they stop everything this means he will be at risk of homelessness, does anyone know of any good solicitors.   Thanks  

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Guinavere1

Good Evening it’s great to meet you today.

I am so so sorry ? that you are having to go things again soon.

They can/do go through things from time to time!!!!!!!!

We have got a number off “Benefit Advisors” 
    here on our site. 

They are are the experts on here!!!!!!

I will forward your post onto them if that is okay.

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger

Hi everyone, my brother has just received a letter for his PIP assessment 22nd November. We have already won one appeal with the help of The Irish centre in Luton. I can't believe we are here again, I'm thinking of getting a solicitor if the cost is low enough. The Irish centre are inundated with claims to support. My brother is 58 and diagnosed with asperges , he has struggled all his life, I support him as much as I can financially and so forth.

The last appeal took nearly 12 months about a year ago, he was told at the tribunal this was fixed for 5 years, but there was a possibility they would want another assessment. His money was backdated and to are relief we were able to breath again. Devastated to say the least , is there a finite number of appeals, feel like the nightmare is beginning again. He lives in council accommodation if they stop everything this means he will be at risk of homelessness, does anyone know of any good solicitors.   Thanks  

Quite the norm in my experience. I had awards of 3 years but to be reassessed every two years.

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Guinavere1, and a warm welcome to the community!

Truly sorry to hear this. The assessment process can be so draining and I'm really sorry to hear you're dealing with this now. At the very least, I hope it helps to know that here on the community you're among others who understand and can empathise.

You may be interested in Scope's page on finding legal help. Do have a read, and feel free to come back to us with any other questions.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.