PIP face to face assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP face to face assessment

Options
holdsy
holdsy Community member Posts: 5 Listener
In the morning I have my assessment as I am being moved from DLA and onto "hopefully" PIP. My question is is to what extent will my mobility will be tested. At the moment I get high rate mobility DLA and low rate care. But the last thing I want to do is for them to try and get me to prance around like a fairy especially suffering from COPD, heart disease and arthritis in my ankles..Also are you able to actually chat to them, or is it just question and answers? Help

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you where receiving DLA the benefit was about your disability whereas PIP is about your abilities to do, cope with and mange activities in your daily life. The answers you wrote in your PIP application form will have to be justified at your F2F acessment. The acessor knows the distances from the nearest bus stop, car park or rail station to the acessment center and distances from the waiting rooms to their acessment office, plus there are CCTV cameras in and around the centres. You will be asked the questions on the application form as to why you wrote you can or can’t do such activities. Don’t be bullied into doing things that cause you pain or discomfort if you need to rest when giving your evidence say walking you have to rest after a few yards say so, but if you can prove by being seen walking into or around the center your enhanced mobility will most likely be reduced. Good luck and request a copy of your acessment report about a week after your acessment,it takes about 14 days to arrive and will give you a good indication of what your award may should be, but you still have to wait for the official award notification letter.
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @holday and welcome , all the best for tomorrow , just take things easy please try not worry about it , your be just fine 
  • holdsy
    Options
    Thanks for your replies and the tip about asking for a copy of their assessment. I will you an update on how it all went. Cheers.

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As to chatting with the assessor, it is all down to the assessor how they want to run the assessment. Some will ask a lot of open type questions that encourage you to talk about the difficulties that you face. Whereas some assessors will just ask you to comment on a statement that they make which is geared to you only agreeing to it. This type of assessor will not give you time to give any further explanation as they will have moved on to the next question.
  • holdsy
    Options
    Well the assessment went "ok" and to be honest I didn't see any cameras or the assessor trying to catch me out with any trick questions. I had to pay on a couch to test my joints which I somehow did too well which could be my downfall, but I will just have to wait and see.
  • topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi@ holdsy,   Still it's all over with now which is good , please don't worry about it , put your feet up now and wait . x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.