I've just found out i have a disorder — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've just found out i have a disorder

amanda8289
amanda8289 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
Omg i don't believe it I've went through  shock to crying to feeling so low all because I found out today when I received my gp letter saying  i have emotional  unstable personality  that  iv wasn't aware of as well ptsd n epilepsy  i don't know if I want to tell them that there is a new health   condition i didn't know about worried sick they  will not give me the  home  assessment i have requested that would be  better  for me  

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @amanda8289,

How are you getting on? Have you had your assessment yet?
    Liam
  • amanda8289
    Had  it  but  only a  short  time I've  had to  do  another  one  and  it was  11 months  later so I have had  pip  and  esa review  this  year  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    A diagnosis makes no difference to ESA or PIP. Reporting the diagnosis means a change of circumstances. More forms will be sent, which will most likely mean more face to face assessments for both.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    I''m sorry you have this new stress. BUt I don't understand the UK system. It would seem that another disorder would doubly qualify you for help and a home visit.
    Can you explain how this works?
  • poppy123456
    Claiming a benefit in the UK like PIP/ESA is not awarded based on any diagnosis, unless it's terminal with 6 months or less.

It's how those conditions affect you that will get you awarded. PIP and ESA both have criteria and descriptors that you need to meet to be able to claim them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • amanda8289
  • amanda8289
    A diagnosis makes no difference to ESA or PIP. Reporting the diagnosis means a change of circumstances. More forms will be sent, which will most likely mean more face to face 
  • amanda8289
    I am trying to  delete  this  post  and  everything  else  I didn't  come  on  here  to let  anyone  nip pick  at what  I say now  or last  year.  My  mistake in joining speaking  or anything else.  :( 
  • poppy123456
    Nit picking? I wasn't doing anything of the sort. I was stating that a diagnosis makes no difference to a PIP or ESA claim and that's true. You asked if you should tell them about your new health condition and i answered your question.

By all means tell them but it will mean a change of circumstances for both ESA and PIP and you'll be sent more forms to fill in for a re-assessment.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @amanda8289, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way.

I've had a read through this discussion and it seems that others' comments were coming from a well-meaning place and were trying to help you with your benefits applications. However, it's really easy for words to be misinterpreted by others over the internet. 

I hope you're feeling better today. If there's anything we can assist you with, do drop us an email at community@scope.org.uk and we'll be happy to help.

Brightness