Tribunial hearing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunial hearing

freckles
freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone i live in north wales and this week is the 27th week i,ve been waiting for my pip tribunial hearing has anyone else had to wait so long

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Lots of backlogs in most areas for Tribunals. Some are waiting several months and others as long as 1 year. You can ring HMCTS and ask how long the waiting times are for your area and they'll tell you approximately how long it will be. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • freckles
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Frecles
    I am waiting for my tribunal and have been told that the waiting time is 54 weeks as theres more people taking their case to a tribuinal and theres a big backlog.
  • freckles
    So another possible 27 weeks to wait ( GREAT) thanks justg 72
  • freckles
    Cheers i have,nt got a clue who to get in touch with any advice on phone numbers for represensation would be appriciated thanyou
  • poppy123456
    You'll need to google what's in your area for support. Welfare rights, law centres etc.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • freckles
    I tried welfare rights they said they don,t do legal aid cos f tory cuts so i would have to pay my self
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    freckles said:
    I tried welfare rights they said they don,t do legal aid cos f tory cuts so i would have to pay my self

That's normal about the way things are. 

It was said at the time that legal aid, funding someone who is intent on claiming more benefits, is not what should be happening especially as it is funded by the taxes that working people pay.

Personally I don't agree with that statement that has been told to me many times especially following the TV documentaries that were aired a few years ago such as 'Benefit Street'.

Everyone should be able to access legal support if they feel overwhelmed with the way the Welfare state is involved. It would have helped me no end in my quest for PIP - but in saying that the system is working for the benefit of the government with people like me having to give up with these claims as they are so long winded, over complicated and a complete mine field.

• Yadnad
    Local authority welfare rights has no relationship with legal aid at all. Are you sure you’re not referring to another service?
    I agree that they are not. I understood the comments of the previous poster to relate to the likes of the CAB and other bodies such as AgeUK which were either funded by Legal Aid and/or local authority grants.
  • freckles
    Thanks mike i,ll do some investigating the nearest c.a.b. to me is 12 miles away
  • poppy123456
    I think it's very unlikely that someone from CAB will be able to represent you for your Tribunal, most of them just don't have the funding to do this anymore. Try welfare rights or a law centre.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I'm in the East of England, and I waited 8.5 months
  • freckles
  • freckles
    Mcvey resigns what muppet are we going to get next how can we trust the DWP when the person who runs it spits out her dummy and resigns its time the tories went with there rich cronies and let someone to whom i dont no would give us a chance and stop this evil barbaric benefits system
  • Yadnad
    freckles said:
    Mcvey resigns what muppet are we going to get next how can we trust the DWP when the person who runs it spits out her dummy and resigns its time the tories went with there rich cronies and let someone to whom i dont no would give us a chance and stop this evil barbaric benefits system

Like who?

You can forget Labour, they are the ones that started off this 'barbaric system' first by bringing in ESA to get people off the sick and into work.
  • freckles
    Yes i agree but the tories brought in universal credit which is so disastorious that a lot of people are worse off because of universal credit people are being evicted because this goverment car,nt get it right
  • Yadnad
    So who are we left with?

Maybe we should ask the Scots to take us over - they seem to be wanting to help the unemployed, sick, injured and disabled?
  • freckles
    Yes they are all as bad as each other but people vote for different parties for different reasons i was brought up with a conservative goverment thatcher major and i did,nt like the way they did things and i still dont now universal credit is a disgrace
  • freckles
    They all feathered there own nest and none of them cons, lab, lib dems,snp the greens dont care about us watch question time its like watching a debate on who can tell the most lies

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.