Don't understand what I've just been awarded. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Don't understand what I've just been awarded.

Options
SugarCoated
SugarCoated Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
Hi everyone I've been on UC since Feb 2018 and submitted my 1st fit note in march. I had my wca last month. Due to my depression and anxiety I forgot to send in the form they sent or any medical evidence. I attended the the assessment at my local centre and was asked a few question no physical test was done.
I got a letter on my journal saying, a decision had been made that I have limited capability for work and work related activity.  Also that I will get £328 a month on top of my UC. Can anyone help me as I was told you don't get any money after april 2017. Will this affect my UC payments?

Thank you for reading 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

LCWRA short for what you've been awarded is the group that doesn't have to complete any work commitments. You don't have to send anymore fit notes and of course the extra money is awarded to those in this group only. The extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim from the time you submitted your first fit note.

Those that are given LCW (limited capability for work) the other group will not have any extra money if they claimed after April 2017.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SugarCoated
    Options
    So am I in a normal group or support group? Sorry for the questions I just don't know which is which.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    LCWRA is same as Support Group for ESA but you're claiming UC so a different name.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • SugarCoated
    Options
    Ah thank you that makes sense now.
  • SugarCoated
    Options
    Ah thank you that makes sense now.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. Great news too BTW.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.