PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Options
Hooley101
Hooley101 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hi all 
Just a quick update from my previous texts.  To recap I had my PIP stopped by letter it said  a doubt had arisen regarding my health conditions the letter said I had no right of appeal.  However I went to the CAB who were nice but didn't know what to do.  Then I decided to email my MP he wrote me back saying he would support me and emailed a resolution manager in the DWP later she emailed him saying my case was in a que on someones desk but I could send in evidence at any time.  My MP forwarded the email and I emailed her directly.  I received a response by post the DWP manager advising that she couldn't email me back as the link was not secure but my case was being dealt with and I could send in evidence at any time.  I spent ages sifting through evidence of my conditions and sent it all in by post.  When I arrived home from the post office there was a brown envelope in the door my heart sank  when I opened it it was as suspected from the DWP advising they were restating my PIP! They hadn't even received the evidence! No explanation of why they stopped it at all! My money was to be back dated from the date they stopped it!  I suspect maybe my MP pushed them along a bit.  I wondered what others thought of this ordeal?  Have a good day all the sun is out x

Comments

• Angiebabes2410
    Angiebabes2410 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
     I am sure they  stop People’s  benefits hoping  that they will just accept it I am convinced they are reducing the amount of money they have to pay out in benefits two disabled people and increasing the amount of money they pay to politicians but I don’t want to get into any  political debates I understand that some people abuse the system and it spoils it for those of us who are genuinely disabled they are making the assessments more difficult and therefore causing many of us to have to survive on less money I think is wrong  That they can stop your benefits without giving a very good reason but it’s good to know that someone was fighting in your corner you must have a good MP mine is useless xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news @Hooley101

On another note, very few people claim fraudulently. There's invisible conditions that many people have. Looking "normal" does not mean that person is "abusing the system" You can't judge others when you have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Angiebabes2410
    Angiebabes2410 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    Great news @Hooley101

On another note, very few people claim fraudulently. There's invisible conditions that many people have. Looking "normal" does not mean that person is "abusing the system" You can't judge others when you have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

I wasn’t saying that people claim fraudulently and I never judge anyone else because me myself I do not like to be judged unfairly either,  many times I will park in a disabled space and people will be whispering about me not looking disabled I have even been told that I have parked in a disabled space and I should move my car and I had no consideration for anyone else and so I showed them my blue badge and got my wheelchair out of the boot of my car they soon moved on once they realised,  nobody knows how someone else struggles on a daily basis like the saying goes you cannot judge someone until you walk a mile in their shoes I’m sure many of us would love to be able to walk a mile xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     I understand that some people abuse the system and it spoils it for those of us who are genuinely disabled
    That's the same as saying some people claim fraudulently.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.