Hi, my name is Moaning! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Moaning!

Moaning
Moaning Community member Posts: 12 Connected
I'm very happy to have found this site. Thanx for having me. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Moaning welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Moaning
    At 18 my body was called out of college to visit hospital. My only complaint was a bit swollen feet. My GP made me give a urine sample after 4 years complaining of back ache. In hosp I had some tests and told it looked serious. Long story short 'they' didn't know what it was, started chemo, the body got worse, botched some kidney biopsies, got bleeding in back, in wheelchair, sent home, with an awful lot if prednison and more immunosuppressants. Thrombosis in both legs brought me to a bigger hospital where they gave me too much Heparine so I had a brain haemorrage, in coma, got cerebral drain to bottom of heart (forgot name) in hosp for long time. Some more complications, so 'They' removed both kidneys so on hemo dialysis till dad gave his fantastic kidney. Transplants still experimental then, but it lasted 13 years. In that time I finished my pgce, got married, beaten into hosp, needed operation on retinal detachment, divorced, studied, worked, met my new fantastic hubby (now together for 30 years.....?) from England, while working in pub. Then we run our own pub in the Netherlands, then we came to England as hubby's mum was very ill.
    I taught modern languages in Liverpool, then lost my dad's kidney and have been on dialysis now for 20 years. Had dla since '09 which I lost after being moved to pip. I 'won' the appeal but am now awaiting dwp's reaction to the SOR they say they've requested from HMCTS, but HMCTS sais they received no request. And I found this site.

sorry it became a bit longer than intended, but then I haven't taken my Diazepam yet
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    You have definitely been on a rollercoaster of a journey! How are you feeling now?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Moaning
    ? I'm fine really, just happy to be alive, most days. Thanx for asking, 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Moaning, and a warm welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing this with us- it was really interesting to hear your story and all you've been through.

You may be interested in our PIP/DLA community discussions. Have a read, and do let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Brightness