Help ,tribural — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help ,tribural

lisa1972
lisa1972 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
Please can I have some advice I'm going for my second tribural on thurSDAY for  axcity depression,stomach problems and spinal and neck problems that affects my waking & everyday needs .please I'm reAlly nervise any advice please . First tribural was bout four years but health is a lot worst since then .i also get sever migraines aswell.

Comments

• DavidJohn1984
    DavidJohn1984 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Hi @lisa1972 I am jumping in this post because I would also like some advice on preparing for my tribuneral. Is there anything we can do in the build up, ie send in extra evidence and other people have asked me about descriptors. Do the tribuneral ask these questions when your in court? TIA David 
  • Lorry
    Lorry Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    edited November 2018
    I sent in supporting evidence from my GP and consultant. When I went to tribunal they said I was contesting on .....and named the descriptors etc. The DWP were asked if they would like to ask any questions (but said no, and they would not contest the decision) .I came out with the court decision in my hand and the reasons. It took about 6 weeks for the back dated money to come through. This was for PIP
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    lisa1972 said:
    Please can I have some advice I'm going for my second tribural on thurSDAY for  axcity depression,stomach problems and spinal and neck problems that affects my waking & everyday needs .please I'm reAlly nervise any advice please . First tribural was bout four years but health is a lot worst since then .i also get sever migraines aswell.
    I'm guessing this is for ESA as that's where you've posted the question. Knowing absolutely nothing about your case, which group you're in at the moment or whether you were found fit for work it's impossible to advise anything other than, you'll be able to take someone with you on the day for support. You'll have to answer all the questions yourself because they'll want to hear it from you how your conditions affect you. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Hi @lisa1972 I am jumping in this post because I would also like some advice on preparing for my tribuneral. Is there anything we can do in the build up, ie send in extra evidence and other people have asked me about descriptors. Do the tribuneral ask these questions when your in court? TIA David 
    Is this for ESA?  as that's where you've posted the question to. If it's for PIP then i'd advise posting in the PIP/DLA part of the forum and starting your own thread. It's extremely confusing when asking questions on other peoples threads.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • DavidJohn1984
    DavidJohn1984 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Hi @poppy123456 sorry I just saw that this was in regards to a tribuneral so thought i’d Jump on it. David
  • lisa1972
    Hi mine is for esa
  • lisa1972
    Hi had my esa tribural today ,but it was ajuned.for more evidance. The judge said she thinks I might be worst than what down on my evidance .and was to decide if my health is worst & if I need to be in supported group . But I was bad at walking because I had a fall . But didn't get a chance to explain .can I still get in the wrag of esa . Thankyou.ps my back is still really bad after fall .
  • poppy123456
    It's impossible to advise you on this because no one knows your case or how your conditions affect you. If there's not enough of evidence to make a decision they will adjourn the hearing, perfectly normal. I'm afraid you'll now have to wait for another hearing date.

If you only recently had the fall then that won't be taken into consideration when making the decision. The Tribunal can only take into consideration what you were like when the original decision was made. Any worsening of condition since then makes no difference.

Hopefully it won't be too long.
  • lisa1972
    Hi yes I understand that .& normally my back is painful ? but I can cope just with it.it was only like that today as I only just had the fall which made my back worst than it is .but the judge seems very understanding to me .thanks again 
  • lisa1972
    My tribural was yesterday and I the night before I fell down 3 stairs & really hurt my back even more  .so on the day of my tribural I was in a lot of pain with my back ,could,nt hardly walk .so the judge wanted to ajurn for further evidence has she thought walking like that I should of been in the supported group .im not bothered about the support ed group .but I didn't have s chsnge to explain what had happened to me .thanks 
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear what happened. Did you explain that you fell down the stairs the day before? They won't be able to take that fall into consideration. Did the fall make your mobility worse?
  • lisa1972
    Yes the fall made my mortality worst .no I didn't have a chance to  explain that I had fell , i was very nervous and also they were running over time so did not have time.
  • lisa1972
    Has I said the judge already decided on putting me into wrag but my mortality was worst that day because of the fall. So looking now to see if my back is any worst .she says that I could be in the wrong group .
  • lisa1972
    Can. Still get into the wrag .they have all my medical evidence.
  • lisa1972
    I'm not bothered about getting into the support group,I would prefer to be in the wrag , to help me in the future back to work .
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry but myself or anyone else on a forum won't be able to answer any of questions because no one knows your case, or exactly how your conditions affect you. The only thing you can do is wait for another hearing date. Hopefully it won't be too long. HMCTS will most likely request medical records from you GP but they need permission from you before doing this. They will contact you, if they contact if this is what they plan to do.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.