Dwp contacted Dr — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp contacted Dr

Tilly1
Tilly1 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
At the moment I am on contribution Esa waiting on a medical assessment from Dwp my Dr told me that he wrote them a letter I'm assuming that they requested information on my condition is this usual for them to do this.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's rare but it can happen. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tilly1
    Hi poppy thanks for your reply would you know or anyone else have any idea why they would request this if it's rare.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    More information about your condition was most likely needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tilly1
  • Tilly1
    I have just spoke to Dwp and have been told they have all the information they need and have made a decision and no need for a medical assessment so just have to wait and see now to what group they out me in.
    I'm getting dizzy between pip and dwp lol
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for, @Tilly1!
  • Tilly1
    Thank you pippa hopefully, 2 decsions I'm waiting on now it's like watching paint dry! I've also asked pip for the assessment report on my mandatory reconsideration. Just a case of waiting now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.