Universal credit extra payments for limited work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit extra payments for limited work

Options
galowo
galowo Community member Posts: 54 Connected
i was asked to attend a f2f and my doctor wrote me a brief letter which they emailed to the health assessment centre. 

I rang ant today and they advised me that I wont have to go the centre now and it’s sorted out but couldn’t go into detail as they are no dwp

im confused now, and very anxious as I’m scared they are going to make me start the whole process again

Do they back date payments for sickness claims on UC? ( I am already claiming it) 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment so i wouldn't worry too much. Some people do have a paper based assessment, it's rare but it does happen.  You can ask for a copy of the assessment report on your online journal or ring UC and ask. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • galowo
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

lovely name btw 

thank you for your help..

so I can not be found fit for work? Aw that’s a relief 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks and you're welcome. Nope, you can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • galowo
    Options
    Can you be found fit to look for work? I believe there are two groups ? I’m useless
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can be placed into either of the groups LCW or LCWRA but can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment.
  • galowo
    Options
    Hi poppy 

do you get extra payment for both? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, only for LCWRA. Those that claimed after April 2017 won't be paid any extra money if they are given LCW.
  • poppy123456
    Options
  • galowo
    Options
    I have been on universal credit since 2015 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Are you in a group now? if not when did you first send fit notes into DWP? If you sent the fit notes in after April 2017 then LCW will be paid at the new rate, no extra money. If you sent them before that date and you're given LCW then of course it will be paid at the old rate.

If it's LCWRA then you'll be paid the extra money from the 4th month of your claim after sending in the fit notes.
  • galowo
    Options
    I have been on uc since 2015 but I was working till Jan this year fulltime. I started sending the uc fit notes from May this year 

however I didn’t fill the form out til around August July 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As i previously said, it starts from when you started to send the fit notes in and not from when you first applied for UC. If the decision is LCW you won't be paid the extra. The rest of my advice above is correct.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.