esa3 we need to look at your previous claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa3 we need to look at your previous claim

Options
connor123
connor123 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
please could someone tell me why i have complete this lengthy form,it is asking for all my details for the period jan 14 to jan. 15.i do not think i can cope filling out another load of paper work
many thanks to anyone who can advise me

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

It's all part of the underpayments for those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA. If you fill it in and return it they'll assess you and if money is owed they'll pay you backdated money from the dates in the letter. If you don't fill it in they cant asses you. No face to face assessment is needed for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • connor123
    Options
    many thanks for that poppy,it asks on page31 about my sons earninings between these dates it is going to be a nightmare because at the time there earnings where up and down and it asks how much they had coming in week/month/year,do i have to tot it all up for that period?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Son's earnings? Are you sure it asks you this? Your son's earnings will have nothing to do with your ESA claim. It should ask about a partners earnings, not a son/daughter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • connor123
    Options
    it says we need to know if any of the people that lived with you had any money coming in
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's talking about a partner that you live with and not your children. For means tested benefits if you live with a partner you add their name to the form but your son's income is his and nothing to do with your ESA claim.
  • connor123
    Options
    thanks poppy,i have just noticed it says do not tell us about members of your immediate family thats a bit of relief,does this mean i might be back dated for this period?

• poppy123456
    Options
    I have no idea if you will be owed any money as i do not know your circumstances, which is why you need to fill out the form for DWP to assess you. Once they've done this they will contact you but you do need to make sure you add everything on the form. Partner, if you live with one, Income, savings/capital and any pensions.
  • connor123
    Options
    thats great poppy many thanks for your help

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.