Esa questionaire — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa questionaire

Darrenm91
Darrenm91 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hello there, im new here . 
I have today received an esa questionaire , but i have been on esa for around 5 years within the support group for a Severe heart condition i have which affects my abilitys to breath properly amd get around my mobility is severely restricted , i read on the form ive to fill it in & send it back for them too decide if im still entitled to esa , but on a few other sites it breaks down the points and if your walking ability is affected and you cant manage to walk upto 50 metres then thats a descriptor for being in the support group basically nothing has changed and just wanted to know the ins & outs . 
any help would be much appreciated 

Cheers .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Is the form an ESA50 (capability for work questionnaire)  or an ESA3? it will tell you on the front of the form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Darrenm91
    ESA50 poppy123456 

Just want a bit of help with it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Do a search to see what's in your area for help filling out the form. CAB or welfare rights maybe. If not then this guide may help you.

You need to put as much information down on the form as possible about how your conditions affect you. The more information the better. Send evidence to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent. There's no points for being placed into the support Group, it's about satisfying at least one of the support group descriptors, detail here.

You need to make sure that form is returned no later than the date stated in the letter. Failing to return it by that date could see your money being stopped for failing to return the form. There's no extra time for returning the ESA50 form.

Expect another face to face assessment as most people have them. I've actually had another face to face assessment for my ESA a couple of weeks ago...daunting as always.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Darrenm91
    @poppy123456 thanks for your reply, see i sudfer from a pretty Dangerous & life threatning heart condition called Hyphertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy With. Arrythmias & also fitted with pacemaker/icd so i always thought thats why i was entitled too it well thats whybim getting it actually just now, & obvioulsy my breathing is terrible as well as my walking my condition severely effects my every day life so i think things should be ok. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.