Time waiting for UC50 form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Time waiting for UC50 form

hellsbells42
hellsbells42 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
Hi everyone, I like coming on here as everyone seems very friendly and always willing to offer suggestions/help. I handed my sick note in last week and they inputed it on the comp, then about 2 days later I got a note on my journal saying that they would send out a UC50 form for me to fill in. I thought that this response was quick so I was wondering if anyone knows roughly how long I will have to wait for this. Are we talking weeks/months and then have to have a f2f interview before Christmas or will it be afterwards. I really can't be doing with the stress of it leading up to Christmas. :(

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger

As most people have a face to face assessment, there's no timescales. Once you receive the UC50 form it will need to be returned no later than the date stated in the letter. You'll need to send evidence with the form to support your claim. The assessment period for UC LCW is 3 months from the date you submitted your first fit note, so if you're given LCWRA it's not paid for the first 3 months.

As you haven't yet received the form i would have said the face to face assessment will most likely be after Xmas now.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hellsbells42
    ok thank you @poppy123456 . At least I know I can sort of forget about it for now so to speak. Will let you know if I get anything sooner though!
  • lizzieloz30
    lizzieloz30 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Hi, 

I posted my UC50 back about a month ago & they are still waiting for doctors to send over whatever they have requested, to decide if I need to go to a f2f. I'm guessing my f2f won't be till after crimbo. 
  • hellsbells42
    They make me cross @lizzieloz30. They give us deadlines that we have to send stuff back by (which gives us unnecessary stress), but we can’t do the same to them! They take however long they like!!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    Realistically it would be impossible for them to have deadlines. There's 1000's of people claiming benefits because they're unable to work, or because they have a disability of some kind. There will always be backlogs that delay things and there's nothing we can do about those.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hellsbells42
    I know what you mean, I was joking (& wishing I guess). Would make it so much quicker x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.