Been told I will never have to have to have a f2f again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been told I will never have to have to have a f2f again

Options
littlejinx
littlejinx Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I went for a f2f yesterday after some fun and games for the first time to switch over to be told I will never have to have to have a f2f again I have several things wrong with me but one is that I have very limited sight and I don’t know if this is true and what it means with all the fun and games I have had with them I’m tending not to trust them ty 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @littlejinx   Pleased to meet you welcome. Thank you for joining and sharing.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Care and share.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know.

Wish the best for a successful outcome after your assessment.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options

littlejinx
    littlejinx,

It's possible that the assessor could recommend you are not assessed again and if so you'll only have to have what they are calling a 'light touch' review every ten years - you won't have to have a face to face again unless you improve significantly. 

You can find more information here. If you feel that the DWP aren't communicating this clearly enough then it may be worth asking them to confirm. And/or you could contact your MP. There's no point in the DWP having made these changes if they are not going to reassure people! So if you are not happy, make some enquiries and ask for what you need to be clear about your position. 

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The person who assessed you should never have told you this because they don't make the decisions, the decision maker does. The HCP only makes recommendations in the assessment report based on your evidence, the form you filled in and the face to face assessment.

Leave it a week and then ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I went for a f2f yesterday after some fun and games for the first time to switch over to be told I will never have to have to have a f2f again I have several things wrong with me but one is that I have very limited sight and I don’t know if this is true and what it means with all the fun and games I have had with them I’m tending not to trust them ty 
    You may well have misunderstood what was said to you.
    Amongst my many issues I am totally deaf in both ears - the DWP are of the opinion that having that problem and issue can easily be resolved using signing or lip reading -- result 0 points!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.