PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP decision

Options
Harley_Quinn
Harley_Quinn Community member Posts: 27 Connected
I applied for PIP and only received 2 points for "communication with others" and the same when I made my mandatory reconsideration appeal. I have ASD, anxiety and I had to wear splints and have physiotherapy as a child - I was premature so had problems with the tendons and muscles in my legs. The assessor wasn't interested in this as it wasn't recent, but if I hadn't had this I wouldn't walk at all and even now I can only walk so fast, have to wear insoles to support my feet and I walk on my tiptoes. He said I could walk fine judging the 30 seconds walk from the waiting area to his office and balancing on one leg holding onto a chair - which I could only do due to the support of something to hold onto. He also claimed that I behaved fine even though I didn't make eye contact and fidgeted with my stim toy the whole interview. It was as if he had no idea what ASD is like and he just wanted to hear what suited him. My family, friends and even a few people who haven't known me long (lecturers, work experience staff) notice it and disagree with what was said. What do I do now? I feel like I should get another opinion but feel like I'd get the same answers again and going to a tribunal worries me (new place, trying to get my points across). Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,288 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

As the MR decision remained the same, Tribunal is the next step. Starting another claimed, using the same evidence is pointless at this stage because it's very likely the decision will be another refusal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.