My PIP experience - I won at tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP experience - I won at tribunal

snakes2505
snakes2505 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @snakes2505 welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @snakes2505

Good Evening & Welcome ???

Please please let me know if I can help/support you with????

Thanks.
  • snakes2505
    snakes2505 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi im new on here but would like to share my PIP experience. I have bipola and it is very bad at times. Mainly low mood but does go very high at times. I made my application 30 July 2017. I scored 0 points! I asked them for reconsideration as i took an overdose with my bipola medication. They then gave me 1 point for not managing my medication! So i sent it to tribunal. So its nearly 18months of going through the motions with it. Had my tribunal at last on 5/11/2018 and won and amazingly the court awarded me 27 points! So it goes to show never back down from DWP if you feel they are lieing or bending there words.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @snakes2505

Thank you very much for sharing your great news “Well Done”

This will help many members who have just started their “PIP Journey”
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @snakes2505 Welcome to the community and thanks so much for sharing your experience, we have so many members going through the appeal process and I know it really helps to hear some success stories!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.