What does this DWP decision mean? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What does this DWP decision mean?

Options
christian
christian Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
After reading people's  comments.. I was wondering if anybody knows if they stand by the capita reports meaning I've been awarded 11 points in daily living and 10 in mobility which I actually feel I show of got enhanced at both but do dwp go by report or withey still give my brother a bad decision. .. just so people are aware I'm writing this for my brother so will b reading com.ment s too.. thnks

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Normally the DWP will follow what the assessor suggests.
    However they can change the scores if they want to but it is rare.

• christian
    christian Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thnks as my brother is very anxious about it..  so u know under what circumstances they wld change the scores. . Descriptor have given clear reasons for those scores and I keep trying to assure him but as u r probably aware it's a stressful experience thnks 4 answering 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As Yadnad has advised they usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it. If they did go against it then no one here would be able to tell you the reasons why.

If you don't agree with the decision then i'd advise getting further advice before asking for the Mandatory Reconsideration because no one on an internet forum can tell you the risks, if any of asking for the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.