severe disabled premium — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

severe disabled premium

jj1960
jj1960 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
sorry if this has been approached before I am new to this today and would appreciate guidance as I have been told different answers to this
I am getting pip daily living at standard rate 
my wife is getting pip enhanced rate both daily living and mobility
we live in council housing on our own ie no children
I currently claim and get care allowance for my wife
I received a letter asking me to fill in the claim for sdp
am I able to claim this
 any info appreciated

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Hi,

Yes, you can claim the SDP providing no one claims Carers allowance for looking after you. I would also advise you to cancel your carers allowance claim for looking after your wife and then your wife will also be able to claim SDP. This will make you better off than you claiming carers allowance for looking after her. More money, so a win win situation all round.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Hi @jj1960 it's a simple form called IS10 asks you basic I formation, as you both recieve PIP I would just fill it in. It will not cause any problems.

I live on my own and recieve this SDP, I do know couples that both recieve PIP can apply and recieve it. As one of you is on enhance and the other is on standered daily care. I'm only guessing here, I'm not sure if you both must be recieveing Enhanced daily living.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    As long as both of you receive the daily living PIP then you can both apply for the SDP. You don't both need the Enhanced daily living PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    edited November 2018
    As long as both of you receive the daily living PIP then you can both apply for the SDP. You don't both need the Enhanced daily living PIP.
     Cheers @poppy123456 hope your well.? thanks for clearing that up. I knew if both party's where recieving PIP in the same household could recieve SDP.

Wasent quite sure if both had to recieve daily living Enhanced.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• jj1960
    jj1960 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    thanks for your replies was just concerned that claiming carers allowance would disallow the claim 
    I will fill in form and see what if anything comes
  • poppy123456
    No worries @Government_needs_reform that SDP confusion gets a lot of people confused ;)
    No worries @Government_needs_reform that SDP confusion gets a lot of people confused ;)

@jj1960 your most welcome hope it help you out. Good luck.

@poppy123456 Thanks sweetie, I knew both in the same household could claim it but wasen't quite sure if they both had to be on Enhanced (daily living) So now I know as long as it either of the daily living components.

I got mine as I'm on my own, and I'm on Enhanced daily living and did it over the phone when I first got my PIP and told ESA they then just ask me the questions on the IS10 form over the phone and was added straight onto my ESA. Easy.
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    You're welcome. I claim the SDP too. I live with my daughter who i claim child benefit for because she's still a full time student. She claims both parts of PIP too, so i'd be entitled to the SDP even when she finishes full time non advanced education.
    You're welcome. I claim the SDP too. I live with my daughter who i claim child benefit for because she's still a full time student. She claims both parts of PIP too, so i'd be entitled to the SDP even when she finishes full time non advanced education.

@poppy123456 I guessed you got SDP well done, Sorry to ask but how long is your PIP for. Sorry for asking, as you might already know when I've posted before, mine is ongoing thank god without a Face to Face for now anyway, what annoys me is that they can review whenever so I don't believe it's safe now anyway.? even though I will only get worse and deteriorate which was also stated in my report. 

As im already on high rate and I won't need to ever tell the DWP I will only get worse. ????

As my DWP DM actually said (I agree you have great difficulty) Basicly she was on my side. "Happy days"  My PB assessment was done by a Paramedic I have a copy of my PA3 report and she was 100% spot on and gave me 38 points and to top it all the DM agreed with her full report also which was all justified in my favour.?

Yes your daughter and you would still be able to get child B for now then when she finishes full time, quite rightly can also claim SDP.
    ??

⬇️

• poppy123456
    My PIP award was 4 years, review at 3 years. Another year before my review. :|
    edited November 2018
    My PIP award was 4 years, review at 3 years. Another year before my review. :|

Sorry for the late reply I've been under the weather the last few days.. @poppy123456 ?

I thought you was on a longer award than you got now? I won't be going through any of it again when my time is due, all I will do is fill out the forms again, I will then stall the process by dragging it out as I will not go to any assessments.

Hopefully it won't be for another 9 years odd.
    ⬇️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.