PIP Disallowed what happens next - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Disallowed what happens next

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    ceege4 said:
    I don't see how my case saved the government any money at all! In fact it is now costing them a lot more! 
    What is the length of your award?

It might be costing the government more but I do worry if the award is only for a couple of years. People are reporting that the next re-assessment the DWP are likely to award exactly what they awarded you initially with the current claim. They are citing that the Tribunal made an error in granting the award. 

Let's just hope that the Tribunal gave you the 10 year period.
  • DavidJohn1984
    DavidJohn1984 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    @standup85 no way!! Capita told me I couldn’t complain either... then they passed me onto DWP who then passed me back to Capita!! I was eventually given the email by a charity who is helping me out with my Appeal. Crazy how they try and stead you away from complaining. 
  • Yadnad
    @standup85 no way!! Capita told me I couldn’t complain either... then they passed me onto DWP who then passed me back to Capita!! I was eventually given the email by a charity who is helping me out with my Appeal. Crazy how they try and stead you away from complaining. 
    Well to put it bluntly they don't want anyone to complain. They will put up barriers so as to put people off.
  • ceege4
    ceege4 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Hi @Yadnad yes I did get the 10 year period ?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    ceege4 said:
    Hi @Yadnad yes I did get the 10 year period ?
    Does the new DWP decision letter also give 10 year award ?
    It is not unknown for the DWP to alter the length of award
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ceege4
    Hi @CockneyRebel yes DWP letter stated 10 years
  • standup85
    standup85 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Yep had 30 mins of them trying to tell me it's dwp I need to contact. I told them your company name on the letterhead, your contracted by dwp, you came out to my house, so you I'm complaining to are you refusing to take my complaint ???manager couldn't catch his breath. I'm hoping now after this fight the MR goes in my favour.
  • DavidJohn1984
    @standup85 my MR was upheld, even though I gave proof about the assessor lying when she said I attended alone to a test centre. It was carried out at my home. I even sent in photos, hospitalisation letters etc but nothing. So i’m Hoping this complaint will give me some leeway into getting another MR failing that I shall make another claim for PIP and wait till my Tribuneral in 30+ weeks ?
  • DavidJohn1984
    What shocks me is the fact nursing professionals are supposed to report factual evidence and carry out their job with integrity. Because if your in a hospital/nursing establishment and you lie/missrepresent the truth your losing your job or at least facing a disciplinary. So there should be some sort of consequence for lying/misrepresenting on the assessments.
  • Yadnad
    The assessor's report is not a statement of fact. It is merely an opinion. Much the same as my window cleaner could give you.

• DavidJohn1984
    @Yadnad yes but what i’m saying is when there is clear evidence that an assessor has lied/misrepresented the truth not just once but on more than one occasion they should be held accountable for it. 
  • standup85
    Most definitely, but they walk away to donthe same again 
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    @ceege4 thank you i will let you know how i get on at Tribunal.
  • ceege4
    @lindadenise
    Yes, please let me know how you get on. Fingers crossed 
    ?????
  • standup85
    Hi all 
    Just a  quick update
    Called 2day and they said the decision maker was just waiting on a progress update as MR has been fastracked since its being received back from Capita, they know they've got till tomorrow to make a decision. So hopefully . :#
  • ceege4
    @standup85 fingers crossed! ??????
  • standup85
    @ceege4 thanks..this is such a long, stressful process. 
  • ceege4
    @standup85 you are so right but hang in there! From start to finish mine took over 18months. I lost my car and I lost a lot of confidence in myself but I won in the end! If you feel you are entitled to your claim then fight for it! I nearly gave up many times but I'm so glad I didn't. It was really worth it in the end. Just shout on here if you need to rant or if you need some support. Someone will always answer you! Take care and keep fighting! You can do this! ? x x
  • Yadnad
    edited November 2018
    @Yadnad yes but what i’m saying is when there is clear evidence that an assessor has lied/misrepresented the truth not just once but on more than one occasion they should be held accountable for it. 
    Maybe the assessor either didn't believe what you had said or put on the claim form. Maybe the evidence that you sent over didn't specifically identify the descriptors that you thought applied.

As I have said it is just an opinion. All three of my assessment reports over the past 5 years were the same. The assessor probably thought that I was not a credible individual, my attitude and body language would have given that impression. The evidence that I had was deemed to be too old and not reliable and that I had not made a strong enough case for enough points when I filled out the claim forms. Personally I never cared what the assessor thought or said of me - I know the truth and that was all that mattered.
  • Yadnad

Many HCPs are young, part-time and having to work 2 or 3 jobs to get by.
    Blimey Mike carry on like that and I'll be crying in my Kellogg's in the morning!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.