Do I need to inform ESA that he changed from DLA to PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I need to inform ESA that he changed from DLA to PIP?

franci64
franci64 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
hi my son has been moved from dla to the enhanced rate in both components of pip do i need to inform esa of this and willit affect his esa 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,934 Disability Gamechanger
    What DLA award did he have? Does he live alone? Which group is he in for ESA?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • franci64
    he was in the middle rate on dla he lives with me and he is in the support group of esa ☺
  • poppy123456
    The PIP award won't affect his ESA. The PIP mobility award will allow him to exchange his mobility allowance for a motability car.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • franci64
    thank you i am just worried in case his esa gets messed 
  • poppy123456
    It may temporary stop his ESA because of the DLA stopping and the new PIP award as this does often happen but there's nothing to worry about If it does. All it will take is call to ESA to tell them his payment hasn't been received, they'll issue a same day payment and re-start the ESA.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @franci64, glad to see you've had some guidance!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.