PIP review and stopped payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review and stopped payments

Welsh_Fella
Welsh_Fella Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello guys! Was just wondering if anyone could help me? I have been on PIP for 2years, has my review 5 weeks ago, still heard nothing. Does it make a difference if it’s a review to a new claim? It’s been month since they stopped my money and I am really struggling with money at the moment. I wish I could work, but I genuinely can’t! Has anyone been in this situation and maybe let me know what happened? Many thanks in advance 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Welsh_Fella Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing .  Thank you for your question.

Sorry to hear that you are waiting for an answer. To your PIP claim. Have you rung them. The helpline is  

0800 121 4433.

You can get an update on your claim. Information on the process.

Hope that helps.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Please ask if we can advise further. Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm guessing your PIP had an end date because you were awarded by a Tribunal, is the correct? Those awarded by a Tribunal have end dates so there's no review 1 year before. If a decision isn't made by the end date your payments stop. If successful then your money is backdated to the date it stopped.

Have you had a face to face assessment? Most people have these, it's rare to have a paper based assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Welsh_Fella, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully some of our members will be able to advise!
  • Welsh_Fella
    @poppy123456
    Hi, thanks for your reply! That’s correct, it was a face to face assessment. It was also from a tribunal. I also wrote month, instead of months. 

Is is it worth contacting the helpline? I’m just worried after all this time, they’re going to leave me on even more of a pitence than I am now. Thank you all for your replies.
  • poppy123456
    There's no time scales for decisions. Have you rang DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

There's no harm ringing DWP, if a decision's been made they'll tell you. Usually once they have all the evidence they need they'll contact you either by text message or letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Welsh_Fella
    Thank you @poppy123456
    The likelihood they have the decision by now do you think? I will ring them this afternoon, should I also ring PIP? Or see what DWP say first?

They may seem like silly questions, but this is my first review and I’m really struggling with money, which is stressing me out and it’s dragging my mental health down slowly. It may sound dramatic, but I am a terrible worrier.
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea if a decision will have been made. Usually if a decision is in your favour then money will go into your back before you receive the decision letter.

PIP is part of DWP and the number you ring is 0800 121 4433
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    They may seem like silly questions, but this is my first review and I’m really struggling with money, which is stressing me out.
    The majority of claimants when an award is not re-awarded will struggle with money.
    However with careful planning and budgeting you will be surprised how easy it is to cope with the shortfall.
    When I gave up my PIP earlier this year our income went down by over £230 a week - equal to nearly a half.
    It worried me for a week or two but with a change in lifestyle etc we now don't miss it. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.