PIP Assessment Reports — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment Reports

Options
Debz3112
Debz3112 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone ? This is my first time as a poster, I've just been a reader up until now. I've seen in many posts that people have seen their reports following a PIP assessment, how do you get hold of that?

I did my claim in June, had my assessment at home 6 weeks ago and am still waiting to hear anything. If I could see my report I would at least have an idea what to expect but have no idea where to get it from. Thank you x 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,259 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Debz3112, and a warm welcome to the community!

This information is from the IAS PIP page:

Getting a copy of your assessment report -  You can only request a copy once DWP writes to you with their decision. To ask for your copy you should contact DWP on 0800 121 4433 or textphone 0800 121 4493. We’re not able to provide a copy of the report on the day of your face-to-face consultation.

Hope that helps, and if you have any further questions, do let us know!
    If you live in the UK this information is not correct. DWP will send a copy of the assessment report before a decision is made. Sometimes you may speak to someone that will refuse to send a copy before the decision is made, if this happens just ring them back and speak to someone different. Chances are they'll agree to send it.

I've had 3 PIP assessment reports before the decision is made.

If you live in Northern Ireland they won't send it until the decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Apologies @Debz3112, do see @poppy123456's guidance above: I've removed my previous comments to avoid any confusion for others. Let us know how you get on! 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Apologies @Debz3112, do see @poppy123456's guidance above: I've removed my previous comments to avoid any confusion for others. Let us know how you get on! 
    The strict situation is that there is no requirement, legal or otherwise, within any of the guidance notes for the DWP to send out a copy of the assessment report before the decision letter is sent.
    If they do send them out on request it is done so without requirement. The DWP retain the right to refuse such a request - hence why some will say no and others don't care and will send it out.

To keep telephoning them in the hope for finding someone that doesn't particularly care seems to be the way forward.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.