PIP Tribunal Waiting time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal Waiting time

Weedavey72
Weedavey72 Community member Posts: 20 Connected

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.

I've been waiting for a PIP Tribunal date for approx. 8 weeks now and called HMCTS to ask for an update this morning.

They advised me that the current expected wait time is 26 weeks in the North East at the moment....Does anyone know if this is realistic or do they get through them quicker?

Thanks

David

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Weedavey72, and welcome to the community!

Hopefully some of our other members in the region will be able to help you with this- we do know that people waiting for tribunals can face varying waiting times, but it's difficult to predict what dates individuals will be given. Do keep us updated and if there's anything we can assist you with in the meantime, just let us know.
  • Weedavey72

Thanks, appreciate the quick response.

I'll update as I know more from them.

Cheers

• kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Had to wait 24 weeks here in South Wales.
  • Weedavey72
    Thanks Kevin888, how did you get on? Any insight into the process in court would be appreciated. 

Thanks 
  • kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Hi
    After a long wait for tribunal I was well prepared. Take everything you have with you. The panel were very understanding and knew about my case. not like the so called HP at Capita! We were in there about 20 minutes and asked to wait while they made the decision. From 0 points at the assessment I had 33 points awarded
     Enhanced rate for both. However a lady before us said they were the opposite? but I don't think they were prepared in their case ( they had no paperwork with them and I had 180 pages in a big folder) so be prepared and take everything you think is relevant to your case. I went to the CAB and they sent a letter confirming what should have been awarded as well.
  • JaneTharby
    JaneTharby Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited April 2018
    Hi

I am in the South East and the wait time here is 27 weeks and is a realistic wait.

I have been waiting since the middle of September 2017.

Jane
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I waited 5.5 months in London a year ago. 
  • kayleigh86
    kayleigh86 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    How long is waiting time for pip tribunal in middlesbrough I appealed my decision in jan and put in to go to tribunal in fen 2018
  • anonymous1981
    anonymous1981 Posts: 15 Listener
    Hi weedavey72. I’m in boro and I’ve been waiting since June, rang the courts to ask of the waiting times and I was advised there was currently a 33 week wait, I rang again last week and this has now gone up to a 39 week wait. I was told it’s due to high number of people appealing against the dwp. I’m also starting an appeal against dwp for my ESA, it’s a joke! I’ve already been to tribunal and won my ESA back 4 years ago, now I’m going thru the same thing. The health care professionals have both told untruths. The next time I have to go for a face to face I will be requesting... nay, demanding! it be recorded. I wish everyone good luck with this ****, they play with peoples lives like they’re nothing :-(
  • anonymous1981
    How long is waiting time for pip tribunal in middlesbrough I appealed my decision in jan and put in to go to tribunal in fen 2018
    Hi Hun, I’m in boro and put my appeal in june, I rang the courts an they said it’s a 33 week wait, that was June. I rang again last week and they said it’s a 39 week wait. It’s because there’s so many people in our area appealing. It’s shocking! Hope you win yours ??
  • Lilp
    Lilp Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I'm in South Shields and was just quoted 44 - 45 weeks for my daughter's tribunal. We've waited 32 weeks so far, so 12 to 13 weeks to go. Not sure if the wait will get longer during that time though
  • Weedavey72
    Hi everyone, so I’ve finally got my date through for the 7th of December .... given my original post was on the 24th of Jan and I’d waited 8 weeks before posting I reckon that’s taken a full year! 

I’m almost beyond caring. Several suicide attempts, my partner almost leaving me, financial ruin and quality of life being the lowest it’s ever been I’m not sure I can take any more! 

In amongst all this and maybe a coincidence but my ESA support group assessment has been scheduled for a few days before the court hearing! Coincidence? Not sure. 

Anyway I will update the outcome.... 

stay safe everyone 

xx
  • Weedavey72
    kevin888 said:
    Hi
    After a long wait for tribunal I was well prepared. Take everything you have with you. The panel were very understanding and knew about my case. not like the so called HP at Capita! We were in there about 20 minutes and asked to wait while they made the decision. From 0 points at the assessment I had 33 points awarded
     Enhanced rate for both. However a lady before us said they were the opposite? but I don't think they were prepared in their case ( they had no paperwork with them and I had 180 pages in a big folder) so be prepared and take everything you think is relevant to your case. I went to the CAB and they sent a letter confirming what should have been awarded as well.
    Where was your case heard? Thanks 
  • Weedavey72

Thanks, appreciate the quick response.

I'll update as I know more from them.

Cheers

One thing that I forgot to mention is that the DWP didn’t answer 3 requests from the court for information in the timescales sent ... it was only when the judge ruled that they would rule in the absence of any information from the DWP that they replied and a date was set! Probably held us up by 4 months! 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018

One thing that I forgot to mention is that the DWP didn’t answer 3 requests from the court for information in the timescales sent ... it was only when the judge ruled that they would rule in the absence of any information from the DWP that they replied and a date was set! Probably held us up by 4 months! 
    Typical DWP. They vary rarely comply with a judges directions unless pushed to the very limit.

Try having that attitude with the DWP when they tell you they want a reply within 30 days!!
  • DavidJohn1984
    DavidJohn1984 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Before you go to a tribuneral how do you send in extra information and is this possible? Current waiting time in Birmingham is 30+ weeks.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You can send any further relevant evidence to the tribunal clerk. You should include your name and NI number and reference number if you have one
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • anonymous1981
    Hi everyone, so I’ve finally got my date through for the 7th of December .... given my original post was on the 24th of Jan and I’d waited 8 weeks before posting I reckon that’s taken a full year! 

I’m almost beyond caring. Several suicide attempts, my partner almost leaving me, financial ruin and quality of life being the lowest it’s ever been I’m not sure I can take any more! 

In amongst all this and maybe a coincidence but my ESA support group assessment has been scheduled for a few days before the court hearing! Coincidence? Not sure. 

Anyway I will update the outcome.... 

stay safe everyone 

xx
    Don’t let them grind you down mate, that’s why they do this. What court are you at? I’m in Middlesbrough and have been waiting since April. I had my esa stopped also appealed this, only took 8 weeks, the tribunal took place without me even being there, I was awarded my appeal. Stick with it you’ll be fine and good luck 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.