PIP stopped as my condition worsened — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP stopped as my condition worsened

nannaandrea
nannaandrea Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I been getting pip for about 17 month had my review told them that my situation had changed as I was worse in health and can do less now then 2 years ago. Waited 10 weeks and not herd from them . I should have been paid today did not get payment so my partner phoned and im no longer going to be awarded it. How can they do this I barley get out off bed with pain and on one interview where I I was in tears with pain can they asses my situation 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

This happens a lot of people. Your next step is to request in writing the Mandatory reconsideration. Look at the PIP descriptors to see where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you did that activity.

If you haven't already done so then you can request a copy of the assessment report. You have 28 days to request the MR. If that fails and most of them do, Tribunal will be your next step.

Contact your local welfare rights or law centre for help and face to face advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nannaandrea
    Thank you for your help it's maddening how they can just do it
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Do be aware that if anyone claims carers allowance for looking after you then this will also stop, which means any other benefits they or you are claiming can also be affected.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nannaandrea
    Yes we thought that it's sicking and thank you xx
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @nannaandrea, and so sorry to hear this. I'm glad to see you've had some guidance above: please do keep in touch and let us know how you're doing.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    nannaandria
    its is horrid to know they do this. How can they justify it is beyond me. The system seems skewed to allow us to be treated with contempt by the DWP. Not right ..totally with you hugs
  • nannaandrea
    Thanks Vicky xxx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    vickyanne said:
    nannaandria
    its is horrid to know they do this. How can they justify it is beyond me. The system seems skewed to allow us to be treated with contempt by the DWP. Not right ..totally with you hugs
    The simple answer is that the OP didn't make the case for an award.
    If the claimant does not make the case for an award you can't expect the DWP to do it for them
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community!!

You need to request a copy of the report and then tribunal. Look up the numbers of your local welfare rights and law centre for support and information about your next steps. Remember to read the descriptors of everything carefully to see which ones apply to your situation personally. 
    Good luck!! 
  • nannaandrea
    Thank you they said I will recieve letter with report in next few days
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Keep us updated
  • nannaandrea

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.