pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip

lyns777
lyns777 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
hi posting for a friend can she apply for pip for her teeange son who has chronic asthmatic 

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    No, not because of a diagnosis. You can claim for the impact it has on his life.

As a point I suffer from Pulmonary Fibrosis, as well as Chronic Asthma. The PIP assessors (all 3 of them) dismissed such conditions as being minor and easily controllable and as I was not seeing a Consultant for them I was deemed to not to get out of breath and therefore could not have the impact I claimed to have.
    Much the same for the rest of my mental and physical other problems - none were of such seriousness that could conceivably give rise to any impact on my life.

• lyns777
    the system is an absolute joke
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    No It’s not a joke, people have been told you should claim PIP because you have this or that condition, illness disability, they are seldom told it’s about your abilities to manage activities in your daily life. As well those moving from DLA to PIP don’t know or resilise the differenceces between the two benefits. When you fill in your application form for PIP you are asked questions about how your condition affects certain daily activities and you record the reasons why you can’t do these activities, the point of the F2F acessment is to comfirm your answers and make sure they meet the PIP descriptors and award points and write a report of the acessment and observations seen and sent these to the DWPs decision maker who normally uses the recommended acessment findings.
  • lyns777
    he was firstly awarded the points but dwp thought his injury would be better in less than the year he had really bad accident lost his dominated arm but he uses 
  • lyns777
    he haz very little life as he got do much with one hand nd hes 20yr so I'm mum tht does everything 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately for PIP you need to have the condition for at least 9 months, if DWP think that he could improve in this time then any points recommended won't be award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately for PIP you need to have the condition for at least 9 months, if DWP think that he could improve in this time then any points recommended won't be award.
    Presumably by the 9th month he will have grown a new arm?

Medical science is an unknown quantity
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    One hand doesn't mean an amputee............
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Also this is worth checking out. The word (provided) as the assessor rarely contacts your health professionals. If at all?

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.