Review - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    If that was me there's a couple of things there that would concern me. "just a review" yes, it's a review but don't take anything for granted because a lot of people have reviews and go onto lose everything they already have.

Saying "nothing has changed" and nothing else on those reviews forms will not help your review at all. This is the big mistake that a lot of people make. You do need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Giving 2-3 examples of the difficulties you had that last time you did that activity.

A diagnosis of FM isn't going to help because it's not about a diagnosis.

Medical evidence isn't needed i agree but some evidence saying how your conditions affect you will be needed.

I'm in the process of filling in my daughters PIP review forms. She has Enhanced rate for both parts. This is the first time i've filled out the forms myself but when i answer the questions on the descriptors i'm adding exactly how she's affected, the help she needs and what happened the last time she attempted that activity without help and support.

I have medical evidence but it's from the community learning disability team (CLDT) so it proves the difficulties she has and what she needs help with throughout the day. I have 4 letters from CLDT from various assessments she's had in the last 15 months and i'll be going through every single one of them before i send them to make sure that each letter doesn't contradict the other because you do have to be careful of those contradictions too, even if it's something small They can pick up on it and points can be lost because of it. This is why very often, less is more. I also have a supporting letter from her support worker that gives examples of the difficulties she's had during the times that she's supported by this person.

Please don't take your existing award for granted, is all i'm saying and make sure you fill that form out correctly.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    @poppy123456 Would you mind if I showed part of your message to the Welfare Rights officer (if I need to) please?

He did mention about stating how things impact a person on a daily basis etc. I'll if I can get his email address and email him and make sure he's aware that I've gotten worse since my original PIP claim.

As I recall but I'm going to double check this, when my first PIP form was filled in by the advice centre I never got to see the form, when I did see it, to me it didn't have a lot of info on them, this was pre FM diagnoses, all I had letter wise were a few letters stating I had certain problems, none of them really stated how they affected me on a daily basis (not that I remember at least), maybe it's changed since then and they are stricter.

As I said earlier, the only person who would know how my mental and physical health affects me on a daily basis is my Son. I have no support workers, I'm not getting any treatment for my mental health or pain, I'm not with a pain clinic, not with any service, the GP's haven't bothered to refer me to anywhere for FM/pain etc. So I'm really not sure what to do, the reason I keep going on about sending a summary is just to show I have certain problems, I know it doesn't matter what you're diagnosed, I think I just wanted to show that I do have these problems is all. 

I was actually thinking the same in regards to it being a review because it seems like a whole new form to fill out and not just tick boxes.
  • [Deleted User]
    I've just double checked my previous form and I was right, there was limited info on there. If they based it just off of the forms I'm sure I would never have been awarded PIP.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    You can show him what you want. I'm not saying don't send the diagnosis of FM i'm just trying to point out to you that it's not about that and not to just put "no change" on the forms and leave it at that. Nothing has changed as far as claiming PIP is concerned but you should take anything for granted because no award is ever safe.

I don't even know why they call them review forms because each time you're reassessed it's like a new claim all over again. This could have been the reason they changed the forms and removed the tick boxes, who knows.

Good luck with your review and hopefully you won't be waiting too long after you return those forms.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    Thanks @poppy123456 my Son just tried to call the person dealing with my form but he was out of the office but the person he did speak to said he was very good at his job and that if he feels he needs more information for the form then he'll put more info on the form.

When he comes I'll try and explain to him that since the last form was filled out I've actually got more problems, I would assume he would need to add those as well if they are affecting me on a daily basis. 

I'll ask my Son if he can write a letter and I'll check my other medical info in the meantime to see if it's appropriate. 

Thanks again, I hope everything goes well for you and your daughter.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    WF2k said:
    Welfare Rights called, he's coming on the 3rd and has said I don't need any medical evidence because it's just a review and that all they need to say is nothing has really changed.
    That sounds like the sort of advice that would come from the CAB.
    Personally, I would take on board what Poppy has said. 
    Remember, whether it is a review or a new claim it is up to the claimant to make the case for an award and to produce evidence that backs up what has been said as regards the impact on your life in line with the PIP descriptors.
  • [Deleted User]
    It was Welfare Rights.

Apparently he has a good success rate and is good at what he does, like I said in one of my other posts my Son called the office to speak to him but he wasn't there but the person he did speak to said he would ask for any relevant information that he needs at the appointment, I am not going to judge him when first all I've never met him and based of a phone call and second all of he's not even been here for the appointment yet so he doesn't know what my actual problems are, he just knows I have FM and mental health problems atm.

As I have said several times throughout my posts, I have no medical evidence in regards to my FM that states how it affects me on a daily basis. I have never been referred to anywhere (yes I have asked), I've just been diagnosed with FM three times by GP's. The only person that knows how I'm affected is my Son.

The other info I have was my Dr trying to help me to move home and an assessment done by the council which was to assess me for a ground floor property, I now live in a bungalow and I have two letter from the sleep clinic, that's about it sadly.

Take care now and thanks again Poppy.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.