Esa assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa assessment

valleyboy
valleyboy Community member Posts: 55 Connected
Hi,attended a esa assessment yesterday where it was recorded and in my opinion it went well..
After it finished they then went on to say this will now be sent over to the decision makers at Dwp..
What puzzles me though is when a friend was assessed roughly about a month ago the assessor told those they going to recommend for the Dwp to leave them alone for the next 12-18 month's which basically tells them they passed the medical..
I wernt told that so does that mean I've failed?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm not sure why your friend was told something like that during their assessment, HCPs are not supposed to say things like that to a claimant because it's not their place to say that. A report is sent back to DWP, a decision makers looks at the recommendations in the report and then makes a decision.

Decision's are nothing to do with the HCP. As the HCP didn't say anything to you yesterday, it doesn't mean anything at all. The same as your friend, what they were told means nothing.

Ring DWP a week from now and ask for a copy of the report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. Look at the recommendations in the report and see what was it says. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • valleyboy
    Hi poppy and thanks for your quick response..
    A health care practitioner also told another person I knows what their recommendation would be after being assessed hence that's how they knew they passed before being notified of the decision by the Dwp..
    I did have a friend with me during the assessment and because they not a appointee that's why the assessor didn't mention it perhaps..
    Also is it true that decision makers at Dwp normally go with recommendations set by the HCPS?
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea how the people you've spoke to could know if they've been placed into a group during the assessment because it's impossible to know that. A decision maker decides from recommendations in the report.

Yes, as previously stated the DM usually goes with the report, it's rare to go against it but it can happen.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • valleyboy
    Ok and thanks,Will update when I hear..
  • valleyboy
    Well it's 3weeks tomorrow(30th October) I had my esa assessment and still no decision as yet..
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescales. Ring ESA and ask for a copy of the assessment report. I had my assessment for ESA 2 weeks ago and rang last week for my report. 2 days later it arrived. They usually go with the recommendations in the report.
  • valleyboy
    Just a update..
    Received my esa assessment decision today of DWP where I will remain on esa along with remaining in the support group..
  • poppy123456
    Great news! i received my decision today for my re-assessment and i also remain in the Support Group :)
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    That is good news indeed
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.