PIP Disallowed what happens next - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Disallowed what happens next

13»

Comments

• standup85
    standup85 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Hi all,
    If not correct a decision manager can't give u an yes or no answer on decision if letter hasn't been sent yet? Apparently they can't? 
  • standup85
    Update.. spoke to a nicer person who could only see they my son has finally been awarded standard care and mobility. Can only see payments from 21st to 23rd as his dla came to an end 20th Nov. Will they backdated the claim to when we claimed in July? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    standup85 said:
    Hi all,
    If not correct a decision manager can't give u an yes or no answer on decision if letter hasn't been sent yet? Apparently they can't? 
    I'm sorry but i don't understand what it is you're trying to say.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • standup85
    @poppy123456
    Hi it's ok now the DM was being awkward, a customer service agent told me he was awarded
  • patriciahendy
    patriciahendy Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    What about the previous statement from Downing Street? "No disability claimant will lose out as a result of PIP changes!!!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    standup85 said:
    Update.. spoke to a nicer person who could only see they my son has finally been awarded standard care and mobility. Can only see payments from 21st to 23rd as his dla came to an end 20th Nov. Will they backdated the claim to when we claimed in July? 
    PIP will begun the day after DLA ceased no back dated payments are payable before that date even if a higher award has been made
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    What about the previous statement from Downing Street? "No disability claimant will lose out as a result of PIP changes!!!
    And you actually believe everything that a politician or a newspaper says??

What you have quoted may only part of a statement that was intended to have been printed. 

Much the same when I am faced with an angry resident who wants to know why his council tax bill has gone up by 34% over the past 2 years.

You have to show it in another more palatable way such as the 34% in terms of cash only amounts to the cost of an extra packet of cigarettes a week.

It's how you say it to get the maximum support - funny old thing is public opinion.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.