Applying for PIP again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Applying for PIP again

sumairam
sumairam Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi
I have had a kidney transplant May 2006 and wanted to capply for PIP. I had tried to apply for it a few years ago but was rejected. I wanted to know if there is any chance I would be able to apply it again?

Thanks 
Sumaira 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no time scales to when you can re-apply but using the same evidence you used the last time could possibly see another refusal.

PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors and not about a diagnosis.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If you have no award in payment you can apply for PIP.
    However PIP is a test of functionality not condition or illness. The first thing to do is take one of the self tests to see if you meet the criteria
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sumairam
    There's no time scales to when you can re-apply but using the same evidence you used the last time could possibly see another refusal.

PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors and not about a diagnosis.

Thank you. 
  • sumairam
    However PIP is a test of functionality not condition or illness. The first thing to do is take one of the self tests to see if you meet the criteria
    Thank you  :)
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Don't rely on the test result - it all depends on the quality of the information you put in. The various tests that I carried out all said that I should have enough points for enhanced care & mobility. The DWP thought differently and gave me 0 points!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.