Need a home assessment but don't meet criteria, please help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need a home assessment but don't meet criteria, please help

Options
Pinkywoo
Pinkywoo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have recently suffered a phycotic break and always had severe anxiety and Depression since I was in my teens, am 46 now also have COPD and  Acute Asthma, iI also have just been diagnosed  with osteoarthritis in my Spine and knees, elbows, feet, I've recently put in for PIP as my crisis team worker talked me into it....and this morning I got the dreaded letter to come for an assement, I am also house bound because of my illness, but have been told I dont meet the criteria for a home visit. 

Well here we go again anxiety and panic attacks.

Would like to here from others if the same thing had happen and if you were successful with your claim.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Pinkywoo Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Sorry to hear that you are not too good.

I understand and can identify your problems as can a lot of the community.  Who might be in touch to give you advice .   How can we help and support you with your mental health. I myself know about anxiety. Always here ready to listen anytime.

We as a community are here to be supportive. Friendly, care and share.

Sorry to hear you have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis.  I hope that we can offer any information and advice.

One suggestion I could advise is to contact The National Osteoporosis Society.  They also have information and support on Osteoarthritis.

Helpline 0808 800 0035

Hope that helps.

Please ask if we can advise on anything some one will know.

Wish you success on any outcome for your PIP assessment.

Pleasure to meet you 

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @Pinkywoo!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and sorry to hear about how you're feeling. The process can seem overwhelming but we have lots of friendly and experienced members and advisors who are here to help. Do request a home visit, and please do keep us updated with how you're doing.
  • Pinkywoo
    Pinkywoo Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I have as of today had a reponce after I wrote a letter explaining my illness and how it effects me on a daily basis. 

Letter reads we are here to help but unfortunately you do not meet the criteria for a home visit.....we have made a new appointment for you on Tuesday the 4th December at 14.00 hours, we are only able to change the appointment once so we look forwards to seeing you on this date.

Looks like I will need to attend this one or I will be unable to continue with my claim.

So again here we go anxiety through the roof...panic attacks all day evey day....my life is in so much dispair and anger and frustration as I feel no one's listens...

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this @Pinkywoo, how frustrating!

Do you have people around you who can support you? Many of our other community members have shared similar experiences, and I know they'll be rooting for you. We're all here to listen,  so do know that you can come and talk to us whenever you feel overwhelmed and we'll do our best to advise.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.