Glad that's over assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Glad that's over assessment

Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
Hi well we had a nurse who kept trying to change my answers lasted about an hour have no idea how it went. She said it will take 4 weeks to get a copy of her report so I guess we just wait now. 

Comments

• Rosie1650
    Rosie1650 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Hi 
    we were the same, there for an hour and half.  Assesement was on a Saturday and located in another city !  The nurse called us at 10:45am( our app was for 12) and asked if we could come early, had to explain we were over an hour away and a different district, and we away to leave right now, she was not happy. 
    Looking back now, the place was empty and possibly someone didn’t turn up. Wanting us to come now, ?
    Ps I phoned and asked for a copy of my report a few days after, it arrived one week later, you can also request a copy next week say 

• Firefly123
    Hi @Rosie1650 was actually my sons assessment he's gone to bed was so so stressful. So I can call next week and ask for a copy of the report then. How did you get on with yours ? 
  • Rosie1650
     Hi @Firefly123
    this was for my husband, he had been ill for some time, TYPE 1 diabetic, had a stroke and two months ago had to get an angioplasty to save his right foot, looking like we are going again on the left leg as well, but consultants are advising amputation,  he had just been out of hospital for two weeks, could hardly walk, literlay on my back going in haha, called before hand to explain this, but advised could only change the app once and once only, therefore we took the descion to go ahead, 
    The Assesement I felt at the time went well, and the nurse did listen to my husband and his issues. The report was very helpful, and the nurse did not award points, for certain parts. But enough information which is positive for a MR. 
    I hope you and your son are ok, it’s such a stressfull time as it is, without having to go through all this process, and the waiting is the worst, Which, is not helping my husband or our family situation at all.  

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no time scales for decisions, backlogs is just one of many reasons a decision can be delayed. It can be anything between 2-8 weeks and sometimes longer. Ring in about a week to ask for the report, once you have it use the PIP descriptors to add the points that have been recommended, if any. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie1650
    @poppy
    hi, that what i did last week, After reading all the great advice, now have a better idea, understanding of the process and the report, it is very daunting at first but with all the support you get @scope
    Now preparing my MR report, using the descriptors, just so much info to challenge and write in our own words, of how life is. 
    I have two concerns tho, do I concentrate on this MR and write as much as I can, in my written report or wait to tribunal stage. ( have read previously they are trying to cut down times scales and dealing with claims now at MR stage) if so then I will focus on MR. Our report has a lot of information on each descriptors, so making sure I address my husband issued clearly, 
    Thanks 
    Rosie 

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Rosie
    There is no benefit waiting for tribunal, you  should always make your best case as soon as possible. If you do end up at tribunal you will have less work to do
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Firefly123
    @Rosie1650
    Thanks @poppy123456 I will do that in a week. 
  • Rosie1650
    @CockneyRebel
    Was think8ng this, and collating as much evidence from all his consultants, 
    thank you 
    @poppy123456, @CockneyRebel, @Firefly123
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    I was thinking about you earlier today.  I'm glad for you that the assessment is over!  Fingers crossed that it results in the right award.
  • Firefly123
    Thanks @Tardis was so stressful just have to wait now and see now. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.