Hi, my name is peterboots! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is peterboots!

peterboots
peterboots Community member Posts: 8 Connected
hi im astroke survivor of 18 years ex advice worker learned to walk again and drive im independant  motto has been adapt and survive

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @peterboots   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing positive words. Thank you for joining.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Care and share.

There will be many of our community who can identify what you have been through.  Like your attitude.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know.

Pleasure to meet you.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @peterboots

Welcome my friend it’s great ? to meet you today.

I had my Stroke in 1998 at a of 32.

Yes my recovery has been ongoing.

You have got the right idea!!!!!

Please please let me know if I can help/support you further?????

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @peterboots welcome to the community! I have had to learn to walk again this year and definitely had my low days! Onwards and upwards now :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • peterboots
    adapt and survive ignore those negative people who say you shouldent or keep sayong let me do it for you when you so no thank you they do it any way think ing how good they ar, i appreciate the offer of aid but not being ignored.

• Ami2301
    I totally agree with you! We work so hard to regain our independence and people still try and take it away!
  • peterboots
    im glad its not just me that feels as if i take two steps or in my case limps forwards. to be told im disabled and shouldent be doing things,  i swore never to be reliant on any one my children offered to look after me for me to live with them and couldent understand my refusal causing problems as an ex advice worker with the cab i was luckily well informed of my rights and benefits  while at the same time seeking employment only to be refused a number of times as myreferences where out of date basicaly i found out from freinds they didnt want the responsibility of another stroke occuring i even applied to the stroke association and was interviewed by a non stroke survivor  and didnt get the job  i basicaly gave up tryingand developed a life of education and political intrests but despite the fights ive had for the support of the disabled i feel no further forward

• Ami2301
    I know how it feels to not want to rely on others but unfortunately, in my case, I have to be looked after 24/7. It is horrible coming to terms with everything and I too want to work. 
  • peterboots
    im lucky and reause it i had four years in a wheel chair and the lack of knowledge people have in dealing with a person with a disability talking as though you lacked any mental clarity talking across you ignoreing you, dont give up ami things are changeing slowly to slowly

• peterboots
    thanks to all for the great welcome 

Brightness