Neck manipulation and nerve damage — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Neck manipulation and nerve damage

NerveDamaged2018
NerveDamaged2018 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi all
New to the forum and wanted to ask a few questions

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @NerveDamaged2018 welcome to the community! We will try to answer them to the best of our knowledge :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @NerveDamaged2018

Good Afternoon & Welcome ???

Please please let me know what questions you have????

Thanks. 
  • NerveDamaged2018
    Hiya i posted the question elsewhere. Struggling where to find it. I'll post again
  • NerveDamaged2018
    Basically i had a neck manipulation whuch has given me undiagnosed nerve damage, been like this since june. Having crazy symptoms like burning in face, legs, arms stomach. Tempreture dysregulation. Nerve pressure on my nose like someone is pushing my nose into my face. Pretty much everyday.24/7 Im waiting for a MRI scan but im really struggling with this. I just wondered if anyone had any tips. Im hoping the neulogist can help me as its unbearable to the point of everyday i think about if i should phone an ambulance

Thanks in advance
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Hello @NerveDamaged2018 and a warm welcome to you. What you're describing sound ****** awful to me and - for what little it is worth - my heart goes out to you.
    I'm not qualified to advise on this at all - it seems very much a medical question that the neurologist should be resolving, but if there is anyone on here who has similar experience I am sure they will be in touch once your post filters through to them.
    Perhaps phoning that ambulance might not be such a bad idea?
    Anyway, we're here for you as much as we can possibly be, so please, please keep in touch.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    @JennysDad
  • NerveDamaged2018
    edited November 2018
    Thanks @Jennysdad. Yeah its not great. Ive been waiting 3 weeks already for the MRI i got another 2 before i get scanned
  • steve51
     Hi @NerveDamaged2018

I am so sorry to hear about your struggles to date!!!!!

Yes I have got “Nerve Damage 24/7” all down my right hand side.

“A neurologist & MRI”

Is the best way forward for you to be honest.

I would phone tomorrow morning to find out where you are in terms of your appointment for the MRI ??????

Please please let me know how you get on??
  • NerveDamaged2018
    HI @steve51 the  MRI is another 2 weeks away if i can survive that long. Im booked in for an hour which will be a challenge in itself with temperature regulation issues on top of everything else
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    Hi!  Was fascinated to read your post, and commiserations. None of us should haommethingve to suffer this way, but I agree with writer who suggested phoning for an ambulance.  Sometimes going head-on is the only way to get something done.  Can I suggest also copying the letter on https://aftercancers.com/open-letter-to-sean-duffy/.   Written to the so-called 'cancer czar, who is probably responsible for UK being so bad at treating cancer (in comparison with rest of Europe).  It suggests that the NHS start treating us as gwon-ups, and lets us self-refer.   If enough of us bombard petty officials with emails, eventually those in Admin whose task it is to monitor their Minister's popularity will come up with the statistic X-number of anti-letters today -and all of a sudden a Minister starts to think of votes, and does something.  That's how so many campaigns in the US got what they wanted, so let's stop being polite and get active!    Demand better appointments system!
  • steve51
    Hi @NerveDamaged2018

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

Please please phone to see if you can have the  “MRI” brought forward???

Can you get your “GP” to phone them as that should do the trick???

If things get to bad phone 999 that will push them along no end.

Please please keep me posted on how things go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• NerveDamaged2018
    Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. I had to change GP because old GP thought it was mental healrh even though i said no its not. Got crisis involved and they said it was physical. I had to change GP. In that time in august/july i had the paramedics out when they were blaming mental health. Finally when they realised it wasnt i got a MRI scan booked which will be in 2nd week of December. I will be putting a complaint in once better. However im worried about phoning 999 in that they'll try and say...see mental health again..such a mess
  • veriterc
    This is appalling that it has taken so long to get an appointment. FIVE months!!
    How on earth can the NHS dare to claim they are 'envy of the world'!!!    I've worked in about 40 different countries, and never had to wait so long - anywhere.  Usually  it is a matter of days before one gets an appointment.
  • steve51
    Hi @NerveDamaged2018

Yes I had to change GP as well. 

My original one wouldn’t do anything for me as well.

Okay can you phone the MRI Department in the morning????

Sorry but have you got an appointment with the Consultant yet???? 
  • NerveDamaged2018
    veriterc said:
    This is appalling that it has taken so long to get an appointment. FIVE months!!
    How on earth can the NHS dare to claim they are 'envy of the world'!!!    I've worked in about 40 different countries, and never had to wait so long - anywhere.  Usually  it is a matter of days before one gets an appointment.
    Its because my old GP insisted it was mental health, crisis at first thought it was realised it wasnt i was with them for 5 weeks! They even had a row internally in the NHS with me. I was only me forcing things that i saw a neuologist and he booked me for a scan just its taking 5 weeks or so
  • veriterc
    This really shows up the fallacy that the NHS is 'there for you'.  It's not, it's there to save money - which often doesn't because delaying tactics cost more in long run.  Hope you are now getting the care you should.
  • NerveDamaged2018
    Tbh i dont know whats best I have good and bad days yesterday was particularly bad. Im going to see my GP tomorrow explain my symptoms are getting worse
  • NerveDamaged2018
    Well went to my GP was told because its sensory i have to wait until after my scan in December
  • veriterc
    Actually, I'm not an expert medic, but would think this is sensible.  You could try phoning every day to ask if there is a cancellation - this has happened!
  • NerveDamaged2018
    I think because they have block booked me basically over 3 appointments one after the other to scan neck and head i think its unlikely. Still its only 2 weeks away i have waiting so long now. I just hope they can help me because its so uncomfortable all the time
  • NerveDamaged2018
    Well i bought super nerve power hopefully it will help with the burning

Brightness