Am I entitled to PIP and Motability? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I entitled to PIP and Motability?

fynness
fynness Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Dystonia 
i have just found out I have cervical Dystonia. I have had this condition for a year but no one really knew what it was and eventually sent me to a neurologist who diagnosed it. He informed I had to take Parkinson’s meds for 4 months. I have started them so far so good in terms of side affects not really seeing any improvement to the neck. After 4 months I can have the Botox anyway I’m struggling at work I have a very demanding job as a social worker driving is particularly difficult and I have to drive a lot to visit ppl in their own home. This is also a problem as it depends on seating arrangements etc. I have informed my employer and they are going to look at a desk/chair assessment. I am 60 yrs old I don’t have a great pension and I rent my home so no property. Can anyone tell me whether I would be entitled to PIP or moterbility then perhaps I can reduce my hours at work and get an automatic car.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.