Esa3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa3

herbie1986
herbie1986 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hello all.
Just an update this morning.
Dwp phoned me today she is looking at my form a letter will be sent out with in two weeks.

Roughly takes 4 weeks for the midlaMid

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you get the right result
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • herbie1986
    I'll post as soon as I hear anything, I will be entitled to it though.
    Looking at £3600 back.

• herbie1986
    Update.

I'm having £12000 back in back dated premiums as it's been sent for the payment to be authorised.
    Phoned DWP this morning

• herbie1986
    2013-2018 how do they get to that much @poppy123456
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news! I really have no idea but it's possible if you're entitled to the severe disability premium as well as the enhanced disability premium.

The question is do you claim DLA mid/high rate care or PIP daily living? if so do you live alone or classed as living alone and does anyone claim carers allowance for looking after you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • herbie1986
    Yes some one claims carers allowance, I get pip slow and standard, I live with parents declared this on the esa3 form.

I had to ask her 3 times she said yes 12000 I said are you sure she said yes.

2013-2018

A letter has been posted.

• poppy123456
    Based on what you've just said that does seem rather a lot because the enhanced disability premium is £16.40 per week from April of this year, less in previous years.  If that is the payment you receive then you'll need to contact DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • herbie1986
    That's what I'm thinking works out at £2400 a year
  • poppy123456
    Yes indeed and that's not what Enhanced disability premium is each year. Based on an average of £15 per week then it's £780 a year.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Has someone claimed carers for the whole time ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    and have you always lived with your parents? If so do they both claim a qualifying benefit such as PIP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or attendance allowance?
  • herbie1986
    Hello poppy.

Both of my parents claim
    Mom Pip and  dad attendance allowance.
    Some one has only claimed carers for 1 year.

I phoned them up at 5pm it is right £12669.

• herbie1986
    Hello poppy.

Both of my parents claim

Lived with parents all the time.

The person said yes it is right 
  • poppy123456
    Hello poppy.

Both of my parents claim

If your parents have always claim the qualifying benefit then this will be the reason why you've been backdated all that money because of severe disability premium.

Your mum claiming carers allowance for you is definitely the wrong decision. If she wasn't claiming this then you would be able to claim the SDP which is an extra £64.30 per week on your ESA.

Are your parents claiming any other benefits?
  • herbie1986
    My mom claims carers for my sister, my friend claims carers for me every 4 weeks £159 extra she's on UC, my dad has claimed state pension for number of years with his private pension with his attendance allowance mom just claims pip and carers.

I could claim sdp then?.

• herbie1986
    Tomorrow I can phone ESA clsim sdp then the carers allowance will stop?.
    I might as well have the sdp
  • poppy123456
    You won't be able to claim the SDP until your friend stops claiming carers allowance for you.
  • poppy123456
    I would also advice your mum and dad to visit their local CAB for a full benefits check because they could be missing out on money by not claiming what they're entitled to.
  • herbie1986
    My mom can't claim any UC or income support as my dad has 4 private pensions but qualifys for housing benefit and council tax reduction declares them every year.

Thanks poppy

• herbie1986
    I'm having my psypaym on Wednesday of next week as it's called off line payment what ever that means

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.