DWP/pips — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP/pips

Options
marilynjane
marilynjane Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi
I recently went to a Tribunal to dispute  refusals by 2 Pips Assessors at 2 assessments and refusal of Mandatory Reconsideration awarded 0 points for care and 4 points for Mobility but at my Tribunal on 30th October 2018 I was awarded 12 points on care and no alteration on Mobility 4 points and the Judge stated it was innapropiate to set a time on the award but I was over the moon at the Tribunal decision to award me Enhanced Care. I found the whole procedure from assessments to Tribunal nerve wracking and exhausting 11 months in all. I am now worried though because DWP/Pips phoned me on 23rd November 2018 leaving me a message to phone them but I am now afraid to phone them for fear of what is coming next, it has set me back on the desperate mode again! 
Can anyone give me any idea what to expect when I phone them tomorrow? Any advise welcome.
Marilyn

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Before paying any back dated money the DWP will usually ask if during that time
    you have been in hospital
    a care/ nursing home
    gone abroard
    Prison

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can phone them, wait for them to phone you again or maybe wait for a letter from them.

• marilynjane
    marilynjane Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for advise and help Cockneyrebel & Yadnad. I phoned up Pips/dwp and they told me they have accepted the Tribunal decision and will restart my Pips payments within the next two weeks. I am very relieved and happy but how long will that continue before the next grilling by Pips assessors on behalf of the Dwp on behalf of the government on behalf of the Daily Mail and Sun newspaper owners?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you receive your decision letter there will be an end date and you will need to reapply in good time. This is usual with tribunal decisions
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.