Waiting for a PIP decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for a PIP decision

anna17
anna17 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have had my second pip assessment in October this year and I have had a letter saying that it has gone to the decision maker but was on the 25th October. Now I’m really worried about it all and I keep checking my post every day but still haven’t heard anything. Not sure what to do? Can anyone help 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @anna17   Pleased to meet you welcome.  Thank for joining and sharing.

Thank for your question. Understand the anxiety. I would advise ring the PIP helpline to find out the status of your claim.

You need to contact 0800 121 4433 .

Hope that helps. We are a friendly, supportive community. Care and share.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Have you rang to ask for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

There's no timescales to any decisions. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. It can take 2-8 weeks and sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.