PIP APEAL — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP APEAL

Options
meakhin
meakhin Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I am awaiting my pip appeal having lost my award at review in January. I have Bipolar ,personality disorder and anxiety and take 1750 mg Depakote. The DM and Atos mentioned me being on low mood stabiliser and no input from mental health services. I am now having that input and on a higher dose, but concerned about letter from psychiatrist who has written to my gp saying my anxiety is caused by pip appeal, that I am maintaining well, and shopping for myself, and fulfilling all my needs, although she mentions good support from my partner. This is not quite correct as my partner is my main Carer helping with daily care. I am wondering what use this letter will be to my appeal. My GP finds her letter unclear but the surgery does not write supporting letters. I am obviously concerned that if tribunal obtain my medical records this recent evidence will jeopardise my appeal and any new claim.

anyone have any thoughts ?

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.