Any one else get pain and incontinence after eating ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any one else get pain and incontinence after eating ?

Options
Mandym2000
Mandym2000 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. After bowel resection every time o eat I get diahorrea, pain and sickness
I eat once a day late in evening so I am at home.
Have autistic child and on my own so this is exhausting as no energy
 Also have chronic depression for 30 years
 Seems to be no cure for this bowel issue and when they took part of bowel out 7 years ago they could not advice what causes blockage. Not 100% chrome.  Not 100% colitis. . No answers at all. 
 People do not believe I just can't eat during day as it's unusual. If I want to cate for my child and take her to school I now have no choice

Any one else get pain and incontinence after eating ? Meaning a restriction on food ?
Thanks for any help. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Mandym2000 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

There will be members of our community who understand what you are going through and be in touch.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Care and share.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Mandym2000

Are you under the gastro team at the hospital? If not, can you ask to be referred to them? I have no large intestine and I do have issues with eating and feeling in pain and sick after eating so understand just how tough it can be.

Do you see any medical professionals? If you arent eating properly could you be deficient in certain vitamins, Im thinking particularly b12. Im no expert but it would be worth you chatting with your GP or a gastro consultant team.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    Try gluten free food and see if that helps you will know within a couple of days
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mandym2000, how are you doing?
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Options
    Look into FODMAP.    Not one size fits all, but the start is excluding wheat and gluten and dairy but other important exclusions are garlic and apple and honey.  All might as well be poison for a lot of people.  

Michael  Mosley has written about it, but the main n.h.s. enthusiasm is from Kings College hospital.  Other old fashioned dieticians dont know about it, and doctors try treating with surgery, when Fodmap might have worked.  Monash version of Fodmap is thought best by some patient groups.

I can see why you would try having the single meal at night, but if you can get an improvement of symptoms with Fodmap, maybe try getting the days worth of eating and drinking finished by noon or teatime, to let the digestive system, and you, all enjoy a good sleep?   That is another trick known to some but not all doctors and dieticians.

Brightness