Advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice

Options
dannyUK76
dannyUK76 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
my partner gets carer’s For me but it only started in may when my pip was awarded ok so I won at tribunal as many of you know on here my question would my partner be able to get the carer’s Allowance from February when tribunal was won. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If they were caring for you for at least 35 hours and the other criteria apply then yes but you'll need to wait until DWP decide what they're doing with the recent Tribunal decision. They have 28 days to request the statement of reasons.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dannyUK76
    dannyUK76 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
    Options
    Tribunal is done and dusted they asked court to change date on tribunal so it would end on start of new claim I think ? so there not requesting a statement of reason. 
    Would carer’s be able to find out about the tribunal or would I have to send in evidence. 
    Also now my tribunal is with the decision maker they got everything I need plus I answered the questions about have I been in hospital etc should it take much longer for backpay. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your partner will need to contact carers allowance once your backdated payment has been made. I have no idea how long your backdated payment will take, for this you'll need to ring DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.